Saturday, January 2, 2021

Saturday and A Bug Bomb

 I slept very well last night and didn't hear a peep out of the cricket all night. 

This morning I was up at 5:00AM and he chirped once...so far. I am going to get a bug bomb today and set that off in the bedroom. John offered me one of theirs. They have two, he said. John said theirs was called Hot Shot. Depending on the weather, I may go out and get theirs. If the weather is bad again today, I may just go out to Dollar General and see if they have them. I will set it off in my bedroom and put a towel under the door. It has been decades since I have had to use one but I imagine the smell is still pretty potent. I don't know whether to move my clothes out of the closets or leave them. The bomb is supposed to be used two hours and then I am to open the window in there for another two hours. 

I have dressed, had my breakfast, a breakfast bar and my coffee. I am now working on my Chai Latte. I will go in the living room now and turn on the TV for "the weather on the 8's". Then I will check on Bob and the cats. So more later....

Only three cats out there...no Scruffie. Two yellow cats and Inky...that's all. I took their food out. Scruffie will probably come later....when she doesn't have to fight for her bowl.

Bob was up but just barely. He had not even had his coffee. He and Joanne were going to breakfast at 9:00AM.

I moved everything out of my bedroom into my den and living room. It took me over an hour. Then I set off the bug bomb and stuffed the towels under the bedroom door and closed the bathroom door. It was 11:15 and I headed to Coffeyville to go to the bank and to Walmart there. They didn't have everything I needed so since I had plenty of time to kill (two hours) I went on up to the Independence Walmart to finish my shopping. I also stopped at Miller Brothers there and bought gas. Then it was time to come home and air out the apartment

When I got home and walked into the kitchen, the first thing I heard was that cricket...still chirping.  It had lived through the bug bomb. I quickly went to raise the windows and found that they had evidently never been opened and I couldn't budge them. John was in Fredonia and Leslie was still on call so John suggested I turn on the fans in the bathroom and leave for an hour while it emptied the rooms of the bug bomb. I went over to Nancy's and couldn't raise her at all.Laura, the nurse , was just leaving and she said she had got Nancy to eat the rest of the broccoli Cheddar soup I made for us last week. She has not been eating enough. She sleeps all night and after her breakfast of a bowl of cereal, she lies on the sofa in the den, turns her TV on loud and goes back to sleep. Laura let me in and I stayed a while but could not get her to go out for a ride. She says she is sick to her stomach and is ready to leave this world.  I know she is depressed and that worries me. She is not eating and is sleeping her life away.

I finally left and told her to call me any time she would like to get out of her house and we would take a ride and go somewhere.

Then I came home to that huge job of getting everything back where it belonged. It took me a couple of hours but everything is back the way it was and I am only sorry the bug bomb didn't kill that cricket. It has stopped chirping now at least temporarily.

I came in her to watch the CBS  news but I had missed most of it . I had forgotten to record it.

I saw the cats wanting a supper so I took their bowls out to them. I think they are finished  now so I will get the dishes in.

It is nearly 6:30PM and I will really need a nice warm bath. I am sore all over from all that work.   But it was good exercise anyhow. I have sat for a week so I needed that.

I will take that warm bath at 7:00PM and plan to go to bed at  9:00PM. I was up till after 11:30PM last night watching Scott's videos of the Ohio State game.

 

6 comments:

Donna. W said...

I googled to see if you should take your clothes to another room. You many have to copy and paste it to your browser if it doesn't snow up as a link.

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/clothing-safety-after-fogging-home-insects-89462.html

Margie's Musings said...

True..I took everything in another room. I read the directions.

Galla Creek said...

All that work for nothing. Hoping your weariness helped your slumber.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I have never used a bug bomb before, but visited someone once who had used one much earlier in the day, but we had to go outside to visit because the odor from it even though it was very faint was setting off my asthma. I use an almost odorless, non oil based bug spray in a large plastic jug that I buy at the old fashioned hardware store in our area for killing crickets, water bugs,etc., by spraying around all of the edges of the rooms, and plumbing pipes coming out of walls inside of cabinets, and along the edge in the basement where our house connects to the concrete foundation and around the floor drain. It always worked real well for bugs, until this summer when we were invaded by teeny tiny little ants. I bought diatomaceous earth powder to sprinkle in the kitchen and bathroom where I saw them gathering. It smothers ants, waterbugs, crickets by stopping up the tiny holes on the sides of their bodies where they breathe. The diatomaceous earth has no odor and is safe to use in kitchen. I don't put it where my dog could accidently inhale it because he has a trachea problem. It would kill a cricket too, if you could get the cricket to walk through it, which I don't know how you would do.

Margie's Musings said...

True, Susie. I haven't even been able to find him/it. The last one I had I just picked up with a kleenex and dumped him/it outside.

ILLUMINATI GRAND LODGE® said...

SEASON GREETINGS!!!

INVITATION FROM THE ILLUMINATI ORGANISATION 666

This is an open invitation to everyone that is interested in becoming part of the world's biggest conglomerate and reach the peak of your career. As we begin this year's recruitment program and our annual feast of harvest is almost at hand, so we decide to introduce you to the "New World Order".

At this point, we're assuring anyone who is ready and faithful to become a member of this great organization, that once he/she becomes a full member of the Illuminati brotherhood then will automatically become rich, powerful and be famous in life and achieve all their heart desires and also receive a monthly salary of $500,000 USD. We are ready to change your life, we can make your dreams come true.

The great Illuminati district offers you a life time opportunity of making your heart desires come true. I believe everyone on this planet "Earth" knows about the ILLUMINATI, but for those that don't know much about this Organization, I'll brief you about it. The Illuminati is a secret society that bless man kind and fulfill his/her dreams of becoming a millionaire, billionaire and also promote their various business. At this moment, I believe you've know more about this organization and there's no reason to be afraid of anything.

I'm not here to mess with you or play games with you because as it stands now there are lot's of people out there who Impersonate us, claiming to be members of the ILLUMINATI. So the Brotherhood then comes to conclusion of Globalizing this organization in order to help those who are actually ready to become part of this Great Family and those that were misleaded by Impostors. Now i believe this is your opportunity to join our prestigious Organization and make yourself and your family proud.


If you're interested in joining this Great Organization, then contact our Grand Lodge at Pennslyvania, USA via WhatsApp: +1 (325) 261-7127 or our official Email: [illuminati666grandlodge@gmail.com]

Signed: GRANDMASTER