Sunday, December 27, 2020

Sunday and No Online Church Today

 I slept well last night. I had taken the Christmas boxes out of the attic and put everything away yesterday. Then I put all those boxes back up there one at a time. So I was very tired last night. But I had a good feeling of accomplishment afterward.

Leslie gave me a new watch for Christmas. My old one continually lost time and had to have the battery replaced about every six months. Now I notice this one is one day off in the date and now instead of saying Sunday, it says it is Wednesday. It's technology is beyond me. The time is correct and that's the important thing.  

Toronto is not having an 11:00AM worship service today. I think they think they need a break. It must be a technology challenge to do theirs as well as they do. I will miss it. I will watch Springfield, Missouri, this evening, It's usually not as smooth as Toronto but at least it's a worship service. I miss going to church. After this pandemic is finally over it will be good to get back to real church again. 

I will go watch the "weather  on the 8's" and check on the cats. I have had my breakfast now.

I will watch the channel 6 news until the CBS news comes on at 8:00AM  and then watch that.

I fed four cats this morning and  when they finished, I brought the bowls in and put them in the garage.

It's 10:34AM now and I have been watching the news all morning, including "Face the Nation". It's rather disheartening. The race issue dominates everything and yet I can't fault that when so much racism in so apparent. So many Americans still harbor racism. Nothing will change until attitudes change. And if attitudes haven't changed in 161 years, how long will it take?

People who are into racism will not change easily.

I went over to Nancy's and she was still feeling bad. Mostly it's her arthritis and allergies. 

I read all afternoon and finally finished my book and ordered another free one downloaded from Amazon.

I took my bath at 7:00..after watching 60 Minutes and then went on to bed at 9:00PM

 

No comments: