Tuesday, January 26, 2021

An Unwelcome Surprise

 I went on to bed last night at 9:00PM as I had planned. At 10:30PM, I was awakened by the annoying chirping of....that's right...another cricket. It was very loud and I knew I would not be able to sleep in the bedroom so I got up and went to the den and pulled out the trundle from under the daybed. I grabbed my pillow and went to bed there. It took awhile but I did get back to sleep. I simply cannot empty the closets and the bedspread and bedding and go back to setting off another bomb. If I can't find it later today I will sleep in the den on the trundle. I don't know how those crickets get in. Anyhow, that's the bad news for today.

I am to meet Gay and Adele this noon at Independence at Anne's (I think that's  the name of the coffee shop there). While I am up there, I will do to their Walmart and get my few needed groceries.

I will dress and make my breakfast now. I have made up the bed in the bedroom and the one on the trundle but I haven't even got myself ready for the day yet.  So...more later...

O.K. I am fed and watered and ready for the day. I checked the cats waiting for their breakfast and only the three blond cats and Inky were out there. No Scruffie again this morning. 

I am waiting for "the weather on the 8's" now. That's when I change channels for the news on 6. 

Optic shop in Coffeyville called yesterday afternoon to say my new glasses were in.  That's good timing. Because of my dry eyes I having problems with my contacts....first time ever. I had to give up my left contact...the magnifying one, because in trying to get it out when it stuck to my eye, I tore one. That's when I stopped wearing the left one. The right one is a bifocal.  Now I am having trouble with it. So, it appears I am going to need the glasses.

By the way, I don't hear the cricket yet this morning.

About 7:50AM, Scruffie showed up for breakfast,,,just as I was taking the bowls in. I left the double one out there for her. She has to fight the other cats off by hissing at them and making a swipe at them with her claws.  They have already eaten. They just don't want to let her eat.

After Scruffie finished, I went out to get the double bowl I had fed her from...and it was gone. Evidently a dog got off with it.....again. I will have to buy a third one now.  How aggravating!! Oh well, they aren't very expensive. It's just the principle of the thing.

More even later.. 

I went out to Dollar General and bought another double bowl....the third since I have been feeding the cats. The other two were taken during evening feeds. This one disappeared during the morning feeding.

I left at 10:00AM for Coffeyville to pick up my new glasses. After I got them I went to Independence to meet with Gay and Adele for lunch but first I went by their Walmart store for bananas and hot chocolate.

Then I went on to Anne's coffee shop and met Gay and Adele for lunch.  I got home at 2:30PM and stopped by Nancy's home to visit with Nancy and her son, David. 

David is looking for someone to help take care of Nancy in her home...to go over mornings to help her take her meds, fix her breakfast and lunch and see to her needs.  He asked me if we had anyone in our church that would do that. I told him I would check. The only one I could think of is Cyndi but she is in no shape to work right now...having just had surgery.

Nancy was still in her robe and night gown. She seldom gets dressed.

When I finally got home, I ate my sweet roll and watched the news.

 It's  5:59PM now and at 7:00PM I will take my bath and get ready for bed. I haven't heard the cricket yet this evening. I will try to go to bed in the bedroom but if the cricket starts chirping again, I will go into the den to the  trundle. 

It's 7:41PM now and I have had my bath and watched "Bull", my favorite TV program..one of three I watch regularly besides the news. I will read awhile until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

What is the program Bull about?