Sunday, January 24, 2021

Sunday and Dinner With Leslie and John

 This has been a very good day. I had a good night's sleep and then woke up at shortly after 5:00AM, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I had my usual oatmeal for breakfast with a breakfast bar, my coffee and Chai.

When I opened the door this morning I had four cats here for breakfast. I fed them and gave them some fresh water. I watched the news and then about 9:45AM I called Jay and asked him if he was open yet at the Tyro store. He said he had just unlocked the door. I told him I would be over there shortly to pick up a pie.  I drove over to Tyro and chose a pecan pie. John really likes pecan pie and the last one I bought from him at Christmas was cherry which is Leslie's favorite.

I saw the four new puppies before dinner. They are so cute! They have the one female sold already. I got to hold one of the three males. They will only have the three males to sell. These are the cowboy Corgies that have a blue heeler for their mother and a registered corgi, Hoover, for their father. They have a little longer legs and are colored differently.. The males will have their tails docked tomorrow.  The man that wants the female does not want her tail docked. Leslie called us in for dinner about that time. She made up her delicious meatballs and some mixed frozen veggies. She also had a very nice salad and iced tea. I really enjoyed the dinner.

After dinner we watched the NFL playoffs until time for me to come home. The Tampa Bay team won. I saw the last of it after I got home. I left their house before the game was quite finished but I didn't want to drive home in the dark. As soon as I got home I turned my TV  on here and saw the last few minutes of the game.

She sent me home with four big meatballs for my dinner tomorrow. I I also split the last three pieces of the pie with them. 

I want to watch the evening worship service this evening. Leslie is speaking. It will be carried on Zoom. It starts at 6:00PM and I would like to get my bath first.  I will read after the service until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

I had a very nice day.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I love cherry pies too.

Margie's Musings said...

So do I, Kay! In fact, it's my favorite pie.