Friday, March 26, 2021

Friday and A Day of Rest

 I slept well again last night...which is beginning to be the norm. I got up at my usual 5:00AM, got myself dressed and made my bed. Then I fixed my breakfast and am now working on drinking my Chai. I may just read today. I think I will clean the apartment and do my laundry tomorrow...we will see. I have been so on the go since Bob died. Having lunch with Gay yesterday and visiting with Nancy last evening was a good break.

It seems so strange not texting Bob every morning. I had done that for years.

I missed Schwan's yesterday so I did not get my order. It will be the 8th of April before I get it now. Next time I go to Walmart, I will buy some frozen meals to tide me over. I will be delivering the cakes on Tuesday and I will drop into the Independence Walmart and buy several.

I will go watch "the weather on the 8's"  now and see what the forecast for the weekend will be. Then I will check out the cat situation. Yesterday evening when I came home from Nancy's, Blondie was waiting for supper  but it was too late to feed him then so hopefully he will be out there this morning. I will see.

I fed three cats this morning. I haven't seen Scruffie for at least a week. This morning was there Blondie, Inky and the neighbor's big yellow cat.  As big and pregnant as Scruffie is I wouldn't be surprised if she is having her kittens somewhere.

More even later.. 

It turned out not to be a day of rest after all.  After the CBS news was on I decided to just vacuum while the commercials were on. So I got the apartment cleaned after all.

In a little while I will go out to Dollar General and get the two or three things I need. In order to bake my cake, I will need eggs. I have the  cake mix and icing but I only have two eggs. I need three and I think that's all I need besides breakfast bars. 

We will have church services in our building tomorrow but we will all wear face masks and practice seating spacing. This is the first time in a year. It's only the 11:00AM hour.

More later... 

I have been watching some TV programs I had recorded. I also had my lunch. I had one of my chicken pot pies. some punch and an ice cream bar for dessert.

It's a beautiful day. I called Nancy to see if she wanted to take a drive but Gina answered and they were just getting ready to take her over to Coffeyville for her second covis vaccination. She had told me that last night. I just had forgotten. But it's just too pretty to stay in. It's 65 degrees. I may walk up to the post office and put my letter in the mail.

It's 1:19PM now.

I went down to Bartlesville this afternoon and bought a new pair of PJ. They were marked $45.00 but I got them for $17.00 and change.  Mine are very badly worn. Then I came back home by 3:30PM.

Dillards is going out of business in the mall and everything is highly marked down. I didn't see anything there that I was interested in though.

I guess I will go read until the CBS news comes on.

More later...

It's after 6:00PM now and I guess I will go take my bath and read until 9:00PM when I will go to bed.

 

No comments: