Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Tuesday and Breakfast with Kelly

I slept well last night but was up shortly after 4:00AM anyhow.I stayed up until after midnight reading my latest book. It was one I couldn't put down.

After having breakfast with Kelly last week on Tuesday and he treated me, I texted him last night and asked him to have breakfast with me today and I would pay. He was willing so I am meeting him at Eggberts at 8:00AM this morning. I have had coffee and will soon have my chai but no breakfast today.

It has been pouring down rain earlier this morning. I don't know if it is still raining or not. I will check as it gets light out. It's only 5:45AM now and still dark out.

I wrote Gene, Melissa's dad, a letter this morning to apologize for mentioning his hearing problem in our last congregational newsletter. Melissa had told me he was offended. When I was sharing the congregation's news, I could not get him to pick up his phone so I could get his news for the newsletter. Kelly had told me how profoundly deaf he was and I said I guessed his hearing problem was why I couldn't reach him. He doesn't wear a hearing aid. As a person with my own hearing problems, I should have known better. I hope he will forgive me but only time will tell.

More later...I will go check "the weather on the 8's" and also see if any cats are waiting for breakfast out there. If it's still raining, they may not be out there. The cats had eaten because I had left the garage door up all night and they had food in their dish behind my car.

Kelly and I had another two hour breakfast this morning.We really visit and catch up. It's 9:00AM now and we met at 7:00AM after the rain stopped.

I don't know whether we will do it again sometime or not. 

David Hill of Independence called from Marilyn's home. He works on old clocks. He wants to meet me at Dearing to pick up my grandmother's antique clock.  I will take Bob's new glasses to V & S Variety where the Lions Club has  box to take glasses to give to people who cannot afford them. 

Then I  went by Karan's to pick up the Reporter newspapers. We visited for an hour and a half. I also stopped at the cellphone place and had one of them fix my cellphone. It was constantly needing updates and had constant notifications even when no one was texting me.

When I got home, I had at least two cats to feed..Inky and Blondie.

After they finished, I took the bowls back onto the TV tray I have out there in the garage.

I took my bath at 7:00PM and read all evening until after 9:00PM, when I went on to bed.

 

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

There is nothing more upsetting than those times when one accidentally says something that hurts another person, and I am guilty of doing that more than most people. Some words escape my lips that, at the time, seem innocent. Then later, it hits me that I should not have said it, or my husband will say something about it later and I will realize he's right. I feel your pain.

Margie's Musings said...

I hope it will turn out alright. Gene is very insecure and I may never see him at church again...when we finally get to have church again. I will just have to wait and see.

Galla Creek said...

My granddaughter has hearing deficit in each ear. I like to recognize her success with it and not act like it isn’t there.