Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Wednesday and Another Full Day

I slept well again last  night and was up about 5:00AM. I made my bed and dressed and fixed my breakfast. The laptop computer has been very slow this morning so I have rebooted it. I am hoping that will fix it.

I have a busy day ahead. I will go to the bank to get a week's cash and then to my hair appointment at 9:00AM. I will go out to Denise's to get the clock key and then go get gas at the Woodshed. I will take my Kindle so I can read after that. I may stop at Eggbert's and have lunch. After 1:00PM, I will go to game day at the senior center.

Right now I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" on TV and check out the cats. I won't leave for Coffeyville until 8:00AM or so. I will get gas before I go to my hair appointment. It's only 6:15AM now. 

It's almost 8:00AM now and I am heading to Coffeyville for the day.

More later this afternoon....

I got home at almost 5:00PM after running all my errands in Coffeyville. I talked to  David Hill on the phone today and he got my grandmother's clock running. It will cost me $85.00 to pick it up on Tuesday when I deliver the cakes to the First Christian Church  in Independence. David will meet me there. I consider it a bargain. I intend to leave it to Keith. It is a Seth Thomas clock and is well over 100 years old. Keith is always very interested in anything old like that. Leslie has her dad's retirement clock from Phillips. 

I will eat a banana for my supper. I had a Wacky Pack kids meal for my lunch at Sonic in Coffeyville. 

More later... I want to catch the 5:30PM CBS news this evening.

Suzanne just called. She is going to sell the duplex. I am afraid the new owner will raise the rent. Steve is not up to upkeep any more. I am just making it right now. I was afraid of that. She also told me not to feed the cats in the garage behind my car. She said I could feed them in front of my front door instead again.

More later...

Laura, Nancy's evening nurse caregiver texted me last night to say Nancy was lonely to see me. I told her I had tried to see Nancy at least once or twice a week but that much of the time, She didn't hear the phone when I called and didn't answer the door when I rang the doorbell. There not much else I can do. I did turn off the TV and go over to see her this evening and she came to the door ...in her nightgown and robe. She seldom dresses anymore. I stayed until 9:30PM and then I came home, took my bath and went to bed.

It had been a huge week!

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Thinking of you my friend, so many changes for you.

Margie's Musings said...

That's very true, Sister-Three!! Thank you for your thoughts!

Donna. W said...

Sometimes these things turn out to be for the best: Maybe the new owner would let you have a cat of your own. Your present landlord may be afraid the cats will spray in the garage and make it smell bad. Cats that are not neutered, especially males, will spray on everything. But I so wish you could have a cat for company.