Sunday, March 21, 2021

Sunday and Online Church Once Again

 I slept well last night but I woke up sometime after 4:00AM thinking about that durable power of attorney, specifically the medical. Richard at FordWulf Bruns said I would need that when my time comes because that gives authorization for final disposition.  So I woke up early thinking about that. I may need to see an attorney to get that taken care of. I have a will in my "important papers" folder that was signed by two non relatives but it is not notarized and I don't know if that is adequate or not. I may need to check with the bank. 

Even though Leslie is on my checking account, Denise was on Bob's but they wouldn't allow her to write a check for his discover bill until she could bring them a death certificate. Richard also told Denise that when she called Discover they would just forgive the balance because he had died. He said Discover was the only card that would do that.

So all this was going through my mind early this morning so I just got up and dressed and got ready for the day. I stripped my bed and did my laundry too. I have it in the dryer now. Luckily, I don't owe any credit cards. I will put my pin number for my debit card on my budget list on the frig so in case of an emergency, Leslie can get to my checking and savings accounts. 

I will just stay home today for a change.  I will be going over to Coffeyville tomorrow to have the staples out of my head and I will take the pictures I found of Bob over to Joanne while I am there. Then I go back Wednesday for my hair appointment. I won't be meeting Bob for breakfast on Wednesday for the first time in years.

We don't do cakes again until the 30th, the day before his service. We will only have three this time. Bob always baked one.  I am baking a second one for Joanne's reception at the senior center that next day right after the service.

Kelly texted me last evening to see how I was doing. I told him I was busy but fine. I will miss texting Bob again this morning and I will miss meeting him Wednesday for breakfast.  It was nice of Kelly to inquire.

I will go in now and watch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats. 

I watched the weather and then checked the cat situation.There were two at first. I put all the bowls down and the when I went to take them in the garage , I saw Inky had been there too.

I began to watch TV and there were just too many commercials as usual. 

I started my cleaning and finished my laundry and put it away. I still have to dust but that's not a big problem. I will start and go room to room just like I vacuum....during the commercials.

A letter I sent to our local newspapers today:


Want to know why pharmaceuticals are so expensive anymore?  I watch the “weather on the 8”s” and the CBS news each week…no real programming except “Lucky Dog” and “60 Minutes” and  “Bull”. I watched it for one week and counted 31 different pharmaceuticals being advertised in just those three hours a week…and on various networks. Can you even imagine what cost they add into the medicines to cover the advertising? And this is something that cannot be bought over the counter. Those prescriptions have to be prescribed by a physician.  There ought be a law against that!

When I was selling advertising back in the 70’s and 80’s  physicians and dentists were not allowed to advertise. They were supposed to be professionals.

It's 9:10AM now and  pretty much everything else is done. I will have church at Toronto at 11:00AM so I have a while to finish.

I will probably go back to reading after I finish the dusting.

More later.... I got the dusting finished and read awhile. One of my Coffeyville friends called after she noticed Bob had died. She must have seen his obituary in the Coffeyville newspaper.

I watched the worship service this morning and will try to log on next Thursday at 9:00PM for the social hour. I missed last week.  

More later... 

Leslie sent me the medical Durable Power of Attorney form I needed and when I go to Coffeyville tomorrow, I will drop by the bank and sign it and have it notarized. 

It's almost time for the evening virtual worship service so I had better call it a day until afterward.

I finished the  worship service and had recorded 60 Minutes and was going to watch it but most of it was pre-empted by basketball. That is one of three actual programs I watch. Wouldn't you know!  I watched golf this afternoon because it was either golf or basketball  so I just took my bath at 7:30PM and planned to read after that until my 9:00PM  bedtime. Unfortunately the Kindle needed charging...again.

So I plan to just go on to bed at 9:00PM.

4 comments:

Janette said...

There are soooo many details aren’t there. Hoping you get some slips of rest during these tough times. It sure reminds me to get papers in order for our kids.

Margie's Musings said...

Bob's death and his not being thorough got me thinking about my own situation. I ned to make sure I get everything done correctly for Leslie.

Margie's Musings said...

need :)

Donna. W said...

I need to do that too. Years ago we had a will made and made my daughter durable power of attorney. However, we have not done the one that will make our wishes known at the end of life. We've had many opportunities, but we'd have to hunt up a notary public (Yes, I know they always have one at a bank). We really do need that! The kids both know we don't want to be kept alive if there's no hope of getting any better, but I know it would be best to have it in writing.

Our original will isn't much good now anyway: Everything, including our place here, was to be sold and the proceeds divided between the two kids. Well, we don't have any real estate property now, because our grandson bought the place and we are just living here. So we don't have anything that's worth much.