Monday, May 10, 2021

Monday and a Better Night's Sleep

 I slept pretty well last night although I was up before 5:00AM.

I have had my breakfast and am drinking my coffee now. It is 5:31AM. I need to do some laundry today. I am out of underwear. 

I also need to bake my cake for tomorrow's Tuesday evening dinner at the First Christian Church in Independence. I will need to go out to Dollar General this morning and buy a cake pan. I am out of them. So between the laundry and the cake baking, I will be busy this morning. 

Then I will want to check with Nancy and see if she still wants to go to lunch today. I would almost bet money (if I were a betting woman) that she will not be ready at 10:00AM to take a ride and get out of the house and then stop for lunch. She is seldom even awake let alone dressed. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Now I guess I will go watch the "weather on the 8's" and check on the cats. We didn't get any rain yesterday but it was forecast for today and tomorrow.

There were three cats waiting for their breakfast this morning. I got the laundry going and then went out to feed them. That little Scruff was being very hostile toward Blondie. Inky is out there too. There are four bowls out there so there is plenty of food for all of them.

I am still waiting for the "weather on the 8's". I want to check if we will still have rain forecast.

More later... Rain is forecast for later on this morning and tomorrow. I don't know how that will impact the luncheon date. It may not at all because she may not even be ready or want to go. We will see. As soon as the dollar store opens I had better go get that cake pan though. 

I got two cake pans and another can of vanilla icing too at Dollar General. That will take care of the next cake too.This cake is in the oven and after it cools completely, I will ice it.

It is beginning to rain a little out there. I brought in the solar kitty. I didn't know if it would rust or not. I will dry it off.

When I called Nancy this morning at 9:00AM she was in good spirits and feeling good and looking forward to our lunch. I told her I would be by at noon to pick her up. She said she would be dressed and ready.

Her caregiver just called me at 10:15AM and said Nancy was not feeling well and could not go to lunch with me. I told her Nancy was depressed a good deal of the time and often slept day and night because she gets depressed. She informed me that she was aware of Nancy's health problems.

I guess I may as well stop trying to see Nancy.  She makes dates with me and then suddenly gets "sick" and has to break them. 

I got my cake baked and iced and covered and in the truck of my car. I will need to get Karan's sometime after 8:00AM tomorrow. She has a board meeting at the senior center at 9:00AM.  If I am later, her cake will be in her utility room. She got hers done today too.

More later... 

It's 12:45PM now and it is really raining.  I have been reading another free mystery book from Amazon, This one is called "A Deadly Light". Since it's raining I may as well go back to reading the book. 

The rain stopped so unless it starts again later this evening that should be it for awhile. I did see another hummingbird at the new feeder this morning.

I got tired of reading after a year of it so I went out to Dollar General and bought a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle and set up my cad table and brought in a chair for it that should keep me busy for a long while.

I had some popcorn for my supper. I had that good chicken and noodle dish Suzanne brought me at lunch time. Yum yum!!! 

Three of the cats came back for supper. After they ate their fill, I brought in the dishes.

I took my bath at 7:15PM and will try to go to bed after "Bull" goes off this evening...about 10:00PM.

5 comments:

Donna. W said...

I actually slept from nine PM to five, and only got up to go to the bathroom twice! I wasn't feeling the best yesterday, though, so I was glad for the sleep. I wish melatonin worked for me as well as it does for you, but alas, it doesn't. I did take an over-the-counter sleep aid, though. I've only been sleeping 3 or 4 hours, so I wanted some sleep! I never take them more that once every third night if needed, because they won't work for me if I take them too much.

Margie's Musings said...

I am sorry you have to deal with such sleeplessness, Donna. Mine comes and goes as you know since you follow my blog.

Kay said...

I wish I could have slept until 5:00. I woke up at 4:00 and feeling rather tired. I have a hard time getting back to sleep after using the bathroom.

Margie's Musings said...

I usually do too,Kay. And if I take a daytime nap I don't sleep well at night then. So I don't take naps.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I have had sleeping problems for quite a few years, I believe it started because of the Graves Disease (overactive thyroid) I had. The goiter and the rapid heartbeat and nervousness and anxiety were taken care of with the radioactive iodine I drank to treat it; but the sleep problems never did. (I still have a terrible time settling down to go to sleep for the night), but when I can finally sleep, I sleep straight through for at least 4 -5 hours, but once I am awakened for anything, the sleep is done. I have had an underactive thyroid ever since the treatment. Though I get very tired in the early evening and fall asleep for an hour or so, even if I have other things I wanted to do.

I feel sorry for your friend Nancy. I wonder if the caregiver isn't allowed to permit her to go out to lunch with you. I hope her caregiver is kind to her. Does she even visit with people over the phone or by email? I hope so. She must get awful lonely if she doesn't.