Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Tuesday and Cakes

I slept very well until my phone woke me up with an Amber alert at 4:30AM this morning. What we were supposed to do at 4:30AM this morning about a missing 8 year old boy is beyond me. But it happened twice within an hour. Of course any missing child is a tragedy until they are found.

I finally just got up and made my bed and dressed. I am in the midst of having my breakfast now...and my coffee..and it's 5:58AM now.

About 8:30AM, I will drive over to Coffeyville to pick up Karan's cake and then Phyllis' too. Then I will take all three up to Independence to the First Christian Church for their regular Tuesday evening dinner. Mine is already in the trunk of my car. 

I will stop at the Independence Walmart store before I come back home and buy more bananas. The Caney Market does not have them green enough and I cannot eat them fast enough for them to not get too ripe and have to just be thrown away.  I think that's all I need this time.

More later..I will go check the weather forecast and see if there are any cats to be fed out front yet.  

Sure enough the usual three were there. Blondie, Inky and Scruff.  They are eating like it had been a week and they were just here last evening.

It looks like it may have rained a little last evening or night.  The sidewalk is damp.

I want to contact Janet at the senior center and see if I can pick up the hedge trimmer she offered to loan me today or tomorrow when I am over there. She doesn't open the center until 8:30AM.  I want to get my hedge trimmed a lot. It looks really bad right now. I have a hand trimmer but it takes forever  to trim it that way. When I was there at the senior center last week, Janet was trimming the hedge over there with an electric one. It looked like a piece of cake that way. She said they had two of those trimmers at the center. I will still have to sweep up the mess but I would have to do that either way I do it. 

More later... I left at 8:00AM to go to Karan's and pick up her cake then I went to Phyllis's to get hers.  Then I went to the bank for tomorrow's hairdo money. After that, I drove up to Independence to the First Christian Church to deliver the cakes. They will not serve meals in June or July and will resume in August. They will call me with the week we will begin to bring them again.

Tomorrow I will go back to Coffeyville to get my hair done at 9:30AM. I will get gas for my car at that time too and go by the senior center and see if Janet will still loan me the hedge trimmer. 

Then I went out to the Independence Walmart to get bananas. Then I came home and at noon I ate some more of Suzanne's chicken and noodle casserole. 

Then this afternoon I read and finished the latest book. Then the rest of the afternoon I worked on the puzzle I bought yesterday. It's a tough one and will keep me busy for awhile.

I am watching the CBS news now and have fed Blondie, the only cat that came for supper this evening.

I plan to take my bath at 7:00PM and go to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: