Sunday, May 9, 2021

Sunday and a Rough Night

I was sleeping pretty well and at 2:00AM, some scammer texted me inviting me to take a job cleaning a house. I deleted the text but I like to never got back to sleep. I finally did and then I slept until 5:30AM. What a mess! I feel like I have been up all night.

I am drinking my coffee and eating my oatmeal now. It's  overcast out and looks like rain this morning. When I am finished, I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and check out the cats. They didn't come by last night for some reason. I kept checking but none came.

Inky and Blondie are the only two out there this morning but I can sure tell they missed a meal last night. They are eating like this is their last meal.

I see Scruff has joined them now. She did not make it last night either. 

It is windy this morning and we have a 20% chance of rain today. I am so glad I got the front yard mowed yesterday. I only wish I had got the back done too. I just didn't have it in me to do it yesterday afternoon.

More later.... 

Leslie, my daughter just called me for Mother's Day. They are on their way to Nauvoo, Illinois, to work on our church's historical buildings. I thought they would have left yesterday but she is on call and will take any calls either on the phone or online on Zoom. 

She suggested  I try to spend the day with Nancy who has only one son and he lives in North Carolina. So she will be alone too. I told her I had tried for three days to touch base with Nancy but she sleeps day and night to escape depression.

I will watch the Toronto service "Beyond the Walls" online at 11:00AM. Then maybe I will try again to reach Nancy. If I could, we could go to lunch somewhere.

Well, Scott, my younger son, just called and wished me a wonderful Mother's Day. After I talked to him I called Nancy again and got her Visiting Angle caregiver.  She gave Nancy the phone and we talked. She and I plan to go to lunch tomorrow (I hope she remembers the date we made) and I will call her in the morning and see if she is dressed and ready to go somewhere to lunch. That's risky. She may be sleeping all day again.

I ate some of the chicken and noodles Suzanne brought me yesterday for my lunch today. It is delicious and I have enough for two or three more meals. Every once in awhile Suzanne brings me something she has cooked for her family. She's a very good cook!  I sure appreciate it!

More later... 

I am mowing the back yard this afternoon. I am doing much better then yesterday. I have almost all of it finished but I needed some water and a little rest. It is 1:05PM now and I will rest until 1:15PM and then finish it. I will need to do some trimming too. It is pretty chilly today and that may have something to do with my ability to mow more today. It is 55 degrees here now.

I got it finished and trimmed too.

May be an image of grass 

It wasn't that hard today. I believe the combination of yesterday's warmer day and the fact that I had given blood on Friday made all the difference. It's 1:30PM now.

More later. I will go read now.

I read until the Kindle needed charging.Then I watched some recorded TV programs until time for 60 Minutes to come on. 


May be an image of cat 

 Four cats for supper this evening instead of the usual three. The one eating out of the double dish belongs to my neighbor on State street across the street from the neighbor directly across the street from me on 8th street. I believe he is the father of the yellow cats I usually feed, Scruffie and Blondie.

It's after noon now..in fact it's 7:05PM. and I will take my bath in just a minute and then get back to my book for awhile. I will probably go to bed after 9:00PM since I was awakened at 2:00AM by that idiot, whoever it was, that texted me to ask if I would like to clean a house for money. I deleted the message.    

Keith, my older son, just called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. That's all three of them that have called me today. They have had Esther's family over dinner and games and waited to call me until later. I just knew they would all call.

I took my bath shortly after 7:00PM and read until  finished my book at 10:10PM. Then I went to bed.

2 comments:

Kay said...

You are amazing! You mow your own lawn! I don't think I've ever mown a lawn before...at least for any length of time.

Margie's Musings said...

I have to do it in stages, Kay. I am 85 years old.Luckily I have no health problems and the exercise is good for me.