Thursday, May 13, 2021

Thursday and House Cleaning

I had a time staying asleep last night. I awoke about midnight with my feet cramping terribly.  I took some over the counter med I had for leg cramps but that did not help at all. Finally after an hour of sleeplessness and pain, I got up and took it again and this time I simply put it under my tongue. That time it worked. I got back to sleep and slept until nearly 5:00AM. It's almost 6:00AM now. I have dressed and had my breakfast.

This is Thursday and I will clean the apartment today. But first I will go watch "the weather on the 8's"and a little later check out the cats.

It looks like we will have rain all next week while Dean is here. Darn! 

The only cats that came for breakfast are the two yellow cats, Blondie and Scruff. I don't see a sign of Inky. I hope he is alright. He is usually "johnny on the spot" for breakfast. Hopefully he will show up later.

I wanted to mow the front yard before Dean comes on Monday but with rain forecast all next week I don't know when I would get that done. I do want to change my bed and do laundry before he gets here.

More later... 

I still have not seen Inky. I hope he is alright.

I got the apartment cleaned and I will wait until tomorrow to dust. I am really tired. I can't believe how much dirt there always is in the vacuum cleaner. I leave my shoes at the door on a rug so where does all that dirt come from? Strange...Suzanne told me she had the carpet cleaned before I moved in here yet there always a lot of dirt in the sweeper.

 It's a mystery!

I had the rest of the chicken and noodle casserole Suzanne brought me for my lunch. Then I read until 1:37PM and when my eyes were tired, I put away the Kindle. It needs charging again anyhow.

It's 3:29PM now and I have been trimming on my hedge again...this time with the manual trimmer. Then I cleaned up the clippings and threw them in the trash, It looks a lot better but certainly not as perfect as I'd like.

I cleaned up that mess and then decided to mow the front yard. It is supposed to rain this entire next week and it will really need it by then. I got the front mowed and will try to do the back tomorrow. Laura, the nurse who is Nancy's Thursday care giver called to say Nancy was feeling better and would like me to come over to visit. I told Laura I was mowing. When I finished the front, I called Laura back and told her I was finished and would come over then. I hope to do the back tomorrow, If possible, I will do the west side on Saturday unless it rains.

I told Nancy that Dean would be coming this next week and she would like me to bring him over to visit. I told her I would do that if we could raise her. They both attended Kansas University. They have that in common.

I stayed and visited with Nancy until 8:15PM and then I came home to take my bath and get ready for bed. I wanted to finish this blog this evening too.

I have had my bath and it's 9:00PM now so I guess I will go on to bed.

No comments: