Friday, July 30, 2021

Friday and Another Room to Vacuum

I woke up a couple of times during the night but managed to get back to sleep until 5:00AM, my regular time to start my day. I am dressed and ready for the day. I am having my breakfast now and my coffee. 

Today, I will vacuum the bedroom and maybe the den. I got the living room done yesterday after I got back home from the church where I picked up the large church vacuum. That was enough to wear me out. That older vacuum is huge and heavy. That's why I decided to do just one room a day until I get my Black and Decker back from Liebert Brothers. 

And I also want to trim the yard before it gets too hot this morning. I may take the mower around back and try to mow a little closer to the house. She left about 6 o 8 inches all along the building. I might be able to do it with the trimmer but it would look better with the mower. I will see how soon it is dry this morning.

I will also need to water everything again. The small flowerbed at the mailbox is showing stress and I already water twice a day. The hanging basket at the front is also showing heat stress.

I finished my book last evening before I went to bed. I will try to download some more this morning.

Now I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and see if anything has changed. We are still forecast rain tomorrow and a little cooler week next week.

I see Scruff  and Blondie are both out there for their breakfast this morning. Neither of them came last night so they are hungry this morning. I was going to water the patio hanging flowers but when I looked out there were two hummingbirds feeding at the hummingbird feeder. So I will wait.


May be an image of tree and grass 

You can see that the yard looks a lot better. One of Krystal's girls mowed last evening. And I finally got the flowers all watered. The cats are gone now so I brought in the cat food. The hummingbirds were gone too. 

It's only 7:03AM so I will wait awhile to trim. My neighbor is undoubtedly still sleeping. He sleeps late. But I will need to trim while it's in the 70's. It's 72 degrees now. 

It's almost 8:00AM now and I just finished trimming. It's 75 degrees out there now and still getting hotter. I ran out of string before I got the back yard done and found my box of string but then had to figure out how to restring it. I finally got that done and finished the back yard trimming and swept everything off. I am sweaty and tired so that may be all I get done for awhile. The vacuuming will have to wait until I recover.

I will go watch the CBS morning news now and drink some water and rest.. 

During the commercials, I vacuumed part of the living room again, the bedroom and hall and the den. I didn't check to see how much dirt was picked up. I just put the vacuum away.

I need to get some more wet swifter cloths today out at Dollar General.

I will do that after the news. 

I went out to Dollar General and bought the wet Swifters for mopping up the bare floors. 

Then I had a call from Liebert Brothers. They had gone through my vacuum sweeper and could find nothing wrong with it. They had vacuumed the store and got some dirt in it and put it in a sack to show me. I took the church's vacuum back out to church and went in to Coffeyville to pick up mine at Liebert Brothers.  They gave it back to me, showed me the sack with the dirt they had been able to vacuum up and just charged me $8.00 for the service. 

When I got back to Caney, I took the school supplies out of the trunk of my car and took them in the house. I checked the crayons and amazingly, none were melted. I went by the market and bought some chicken and green beans at their deli for my lunch.

Suzanne came and brought my new screen. She attempted to put it on my window but one of the clamps was bent and try as she might, she could not get it to straighten up. She took it home to let Steve try to do it. When she left, I checked my mail and found two bills to pay. I wrote the checks for those and also the rent and put them out on the mailbox to go out tomorrow. 

She and the realtor have an appointment tomorrow at 1:00PM to show the duplex. She says they are showing it to another realtor. Maybe that one has a prospect. She didn't say.

My older son, Keith, just called and talked to me for quite awhile. He will be going to Nigeria in September for a few weeks for his job. He will be quarantined for two weeks when he finally gets there and will work for two or three weeks afterward before coming back home. He says there are some openings in several foreign countries for techs to live there for a year or two. If he gets one of those openings, Esther will go with him and they will live there until he is deployed back. He is hoping to get one of those opportunities.

More later..

I was very tired at 8:30PM so after I had had my bath at 7:00PM, I went on to bed at 8:30PM.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I bet those over seas jobs pay well, too.

Margie's Musings said...

I am sure they do. My son says he plans to work until he is 72. He will be 66 on Tuesday.