Saturday, July 31, 2021

Saturday and No Particular Plan

I slept fairly well last night. Actually I went to bed too early or I would have slept better. It was just after 8:30PM but I was very tired.  I got up two or three times in the night.  Either I had to go to the bathroom or the room was too warm or too cold. Anyhow, I have had better night's sleep.

I was up at nearly 5:00AM and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast now and my coffee. I really don't have a plan for today. Suzanne and a realtor will be showing the duplex at 1:00PM this afternoon so I will be making myself scarce at that time. probably  I don't really want to go out of town. I have done that three times this week..my hair appointment and game day on Wednesday. I took the vacuum sweeper to Liebert Brothers on Thursday to have it checked out and then picked it up yesterday. So I will probably just stay in town. 

Maybe I can visit Nancy.....if I can raise her. I called her twice yesterday and let it ring seven times each time, but no one picked up. I imagine after her caregiver left at 1:00PM, she laid down and took a nap on the sofa. The phone doesn't wake her. 

It's 5:57AM now and I will go watch "the weather on the 8's".

Following the weather, I watched the Saturday morning CBS news. That's over now so I have turned on "Good Morning America" Bob and I used to watch that every time. In fact, we were watching it when 9/11 happened. They were just starting to go to commercial, and Charlie said, "Hey! Turn that camera over there at the trade center. Something is going on there." Then we watched the first tower being hit, and later, the second one. It was terrible and historical. The Red Cross sent Bob and two from Independence to New York as fast as they could get packed and as soon as they allowed flights again, they were on their way.

After I watched Good Morning America I searched for something interesting to watch. When I couldn't find anything I was interested in, I just came in here to blog until "Lucky Dog" comes on at 10:00AM. I don't really care for the new host trainers and I miss Brandon, who was the original host and who I really liked to watch, but for some reason, they replaced him with these two they are using now. There is so little on TV that I am interested in nowadays if it wasn't for the CBS evening news and PBS, I probably wouldn't watch it at all. 

All the newer programming is just silly or violent to me. And I don't need silliness or violence in my life. There are nothing but "Bull" reruns now. I watch some PGA tournament golf but you really have to be bored with life to watch golf if you aren't a player. It's 9:30AM now.

More later... 

I read until 12:30PM and then made myself scarce for Suzanne and her realtor and the second realtor she was showing it to. 

I ended up going to Independence after all. I stopped at Dairy Queen and bought a medium blizzard. On the way home I texted Leslie to see if she was home.I thought I would drop by and visit if she was. Unfortunately, she was on call and had to be back at the office at 2:00PM so I just took a rain check and will try it another time. It's 2:14PM now.

It's almost 4:00PM now and I have been playing a game on the laptop computer.

At 5:00PM, I will eat a banana and that will be my supper. I had two pieces of leftover chicken at noon and that blizzard this afternoon. I may see what is on PBS TV now. It's been another boring day. We are supposed to get some rain tonight. That will be a welcome change from 90 degree weather. It's 97 degrees now.

I read for awhile and then went out and felt of the dirt in my  flowers. It was dry. So even though we are forecast for rain tonight and tomorrow, I watered again anyhow. It is now a little past 6:00PM.   I plan to take my bath at 7:00PM and stay up and read until 9:00PM....when I plan to go to bed.

It's7:40PM now and I have had my bath and will read awhile longer before going to bed at 9:00PM

No comments: