Friday, August 20, 2021

Friday and Lunch in Coffeyville

I slept fairly well last night...was up twice but got right back to bed and right back to sleep I am having my breakfast now..and my coffee. It didn't rain again last night so I will need to water everything again this morning. According to yesterday's "weather on the 8's" there was a 90% chance of rain. That shows how accurate they are trying to forecast it. It sprinkled briefly yesterday afternoon...very briefly..

I plan to go back over to Coffeyville again this noon and have lunch at the senior center.It's been a couple of months since I've done that. Asbury Village (a nice nursing home just outside of Coffeyville) is fixing goulash and I imagine french toast or garlic toast to go with it with salad and iced tea. I enjoy the food and also the fellowship.

Since Nancy has been gone I have had very little fellowship....just the senior center's  games. I usually visit her once or twice a week. I am tempted to call her cousin, Dale, and find out how David is doing and also how Nancy is handling David's illness. He is taking radiation treatments for lung cancer.

I need to go check out the "weather on the 8's" and see what the forecast is. I had a notice of a heat advisory from the police department at Coffeyville this morning. We have been having a little cooler weather this week and I was hoping fall was on it's way.

More later... 

It looks like we will have three days of 100 degree weather and one of 101 degrees. I am not looking forward to that. It's 10:25AM now and I need to be in Coffeyville by 11:15AM at the latest. It only takes me 25minutes or less to get there so I plan to leave here by 11:00AM so I still have some time. I have picked up leaves in the back yard once already and in the front yard twice. It is good exercise  to stoop over and do that.  I will do the back yard again before I leave.

So, more later...

I cleaned up the backyard before I left. Then I left in time to vacuum out the car. It was a good dinner and I sat with some folks I didn't know and visited.

I bought a cheery limeade slush at Sonic before I went to lunch.

Then after the lunch I came on home. My electric had been off all morning and so I had to reset the clocks on the stove, the microwave and the Bose system. That's always a mess. I also forgot to pick up another puzzle.

I was very full. That was quite a lot of food though for $3.00, I could hardly complain. 

It rained on me on the way home. I'm not sure if Caney got that rain though. I would have to go check the grass to see.

I went out back and picked up the leaves that  were scattered over the back yard. It's an impossible job and very hot out there.

More later..I am going to watch the CBS news.. I watched the CBS news and then got back to me book.

I have been reading for a couple of hours. It is 5:22PM now.

It's 6:30PM now and in about 30 minutes, I will take my bath. I will read until 9:00PM and then go on to bed.

No comments: