Sunday, August 15, 2021

Sunday and Church Online Again

I slept fairly well last night but dreamed more then usual. Strange dreams..must have been something I ate. :)

Anyhow, I was up shortly before 5:00AM, dressed and am having my breakfast and coffee now. I don't have a plan for today except to watch the church service from Toronto, Canada, called "Beyond the Walls" at11:00AM. I will probably read this morning. I downloaded four more books from Amazon last evening.

My niece, Carol, is supposed to be sending me some more puzzles to do when she gets around to it. I like to keep one going for something to alternate with reading.

It's a couple of minutes past 6:00AM now.  I will go turn on the TV to watch the "weather on the 8's" right now. I also wonder if I will have any cats to feed today. None showed up yesterday.

It took a little while but both Blondie and Scruff showed up for breakfast this morning. I took their food out through the garage door. 

I finally saw the weather too..it says rain Thursday Friday and Saturday next week. We will see. This is Kansas and about anything can happen with our weather. They have a terrible time forecasting it. 

The hummingbirds are back too this morning.It's cool out and they are fighting over the sugar water in the feeder. 

 More later... 

I have been watching Face the Nation and they are talking like the 9/11 terrorist were from Afghanistan.

The hijackers in the September 11 attacks were 19 men affiliated with the militant Islamist group al-Qaeda. They hailed from four countries; fifteen of them were citizens of Saudi Arabia, two were from the United Arab Emirates, one was from Lebanon, and one from Egypt.
Neither Afghanistan or  Iraq were involved.
 
At 11:00AM, I began watching "Beyond the Walls". It was, as usual a fine service. It is noon now and I will soon go fix my lunch...a frozen TV dinner.

I may read this afternoon. The sun is shining now. It is 12:12PM
 
It's now 1:45PM and I have been watching the weather channel watching the storms come in on Florida
.
I hear my neighbor next door is mowing. He usually waits until it is just ratty looking. We are supposed to mow every week but he mows when his grass gets between 6 and 10 inches high. We have a contract that says our yards have to be mowed weekly but he doesn't worry about that. He is also not suppose to have an animal but he has his son's dog over there half the time. I don't think he cares about contracts. His contract expires December 1st and she has asked him to move before then.

More later...

I drove down to Bartlesville to try to find another hanging plant but they were all in pitiful condition. I stopped at the Dewey Sonic on my way home and bought a cherry limeade slush.It only cost $1.55 there. Then I came on home.

I read the rest of the afternoon and finally took my bath about 6:45PM and went on to bed at 8:30PM. I was very tired.

1 comment:

Kay said...

My husband has been working on the same 3,000 piece puzzle since March. Arrghhh... It looks very discouraging.