Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Tuesday and Laundry

I got up shortly before 5:00AM and changed my bed and am washing the sheets and my towels this morning. I had a fairly good night's sleep last night. It's almost 6:00AM now and I am having my coffee and have already had my breakfast. 

I heard from Dean this morning and his bladder infection responded immediately to the antibiotic and it has cleared up. I knew it would after the doctor finally gave him an antibiotic. He will reschedule his trip to Texas and here afterward to see me. He asked me to  give him a rain check. It will be good to see him again.

Tomorrow is Bunco at the senior center and I am to give the prizes. I am going to do it like David does and give $10 for the most Buncos, and $5.00 for the most winnings and $5.00 for the most losings.  I always spent $20.00 for prizes anyhow and I have run out of things to buy for prizes. I have a box in my closet with all the prizes I have won in the past. The money means those who win it can spend it however they wish.

While I am at the senior center tomorrow, I want to pick up another puzzle to work. That gives me an alternative to reading in my spare time.  (Actually, I have nothing but spare time)...especially since Nancy has gone to see her son, David. I have no idea how long she will be gone. She thought two weeks but Thursday will be two weeks and I haven't heard a word out of her or Dale about when she will come back. I may call Dale and ask today.

I will go check the "weather on the 8's" and see what is forecast for this week. The last time I checked yesterday rain was forecast for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It changes almost daily.

So more later... 

50% chance of rain today and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. 

I have been watching Good Morning America and CBS News. It's 8:39AM now.

I got all the laundry folded and put away. That's my project for the day. After the news, I will read or trim my hedge...depending on the weather. I plan to go out to Eggbert's and have my chicken salad lunch today. But it's only 8:45AM now.

The trash people haven't come yet so I went out and picked up leaves from the front yard. Fall is coming and it will get worse. I will rake then and bag them up.

The trash people came by finally and I took my cart up to the house again. As I was watering the flowers a woman in a car came by and said she went by my place every day and always admired my flowers. I thought that was so nice of her to take the time to do that. I told her my son-in-law had built it for me.

I brought a wet rag out to the trash container when I put it away and washed it off. It had gotten very dirty over the years. It looks a lot better now. That trash machine is really hard on it. It scruffs it badly. It's almost 10:00AM now and I still haven't trimmed the hedge. It is getting hotter out there.

I got the hedge trimmed after all. I think I have everything done I intended to do. 

I do want to check my checking account though. 

One of Caney's biggest water main broke this morning  and there was no water all morning but I wasn't aware of it until I went to flush the toilet and it wouldn't flush since there was very little water pressure. I filled my plastic wastebasket with water and that took awhile and flushed it by pouring the water in the stool. Then I called the city to find out what had happened and she told me. She said it would take awhile to get the pressure back up. 

I went out to Eggbert's to have my weekly chicken salad, fruit and muffin lunch and that woman and her mother with the two very noisy children came in and sat right across from me. The children shrieked at the top of their lungs the entire time and I had the waitress put my drink in a paper cup and I came home to drink it.  

We used to eat out every Sunday when our kids were that small and we taught them to respect other people sitting around us and to use "inside" voices. We taught them there were "inside" voices and "outside" voices and "outside" voices belonged outside. Some people just don't care though. They have no respect for others or the rights of others. I guess they just think they have their "rights" and one of them is to not to have to teach their children the rights of others.

I guess I will get back to my book now that I have all my chores done. With Nancy gone, I am really looking forward to going to Bunco tomorrow. I miss the fellowship. 

My youngest son, who spent several tours in Afghanistan, had this to say about the current situation:

"No one needs to blame the current president nor the one prior for this mess! This was a Bush/Chaney disaster! you cannot make little Americans out of those people and their country.. they are tribes and families, nepotism is their creed which is rooted in their religious myths. 
 
These people, like their Iraq cousins, had 20 years to prepare for the inevitable ( Afghanistan Taliban), but they loved the American dollar and pay checks and did not take American military training serious! 
 
Like all countries (we’ve tried to convince our way is the best) just rode the American gravy train and lived in the present instead of preparing for their future challenges!
 
America needs to stay the hell out of the nation building business! to quote another mythical book.."get the beam out of our eye, before getting the mote out of others" Keep our troops and money in our own yard! quit force feeding other countries our democracy philosophy! “one size doesn’t fit all!"
 
I have to agree. In fact our democracy (actually Republic) is failing us and has been for some time. White supremacists are taking it over. I so admire the mayor of Tulsa for finally exposing the terrible massacre that Tulsa's black community went through in 1918 when the white people there massacred almost 300 black people and burned their businesses and churches just because they had built a thriving community of their own. 
 
There is a new museum in Washington DC that I would like to tour if I were to ever go to our nation's capitol. It details the experience of our black community's past. I saw something about it on 60 Minutes a few months ago. The white supremacists used to hunt down black pastors and hang them. If they couldn't find the black pastor because he was trying to get away, they would hang his wife and children.
 
We white people have no idea what the black community had to deal with and continues to go through...and here in America. Actually, with our American history, we have nothing much to brag about. One percent of the population has most of the wealth of the nation..and pays no income tax... like Amazon...while a good part of the population works for the minimum wage and struggles to make ends meet. Much of the answer to that is... education...but that segment of the population doesn't have the means for education.

Rant over... 

My daughter's new hairdo!

May be an image of one or more people and indoor 

Another view of it!

May be an image of one or more people 

Cute,isn't it! 

I watched the CBS Evening news and now I will take my bath and read awhile until 9:00PM....my bedtime.

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I agree with your son.

Galla Creek said...

Margie, I could I share what your son said on my blog?

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, you may. Anyone who actually spent anytime there would agree with him. His name is Scott

Galla Creek said...

I love Leslie’s hair

Margie's Musings said...

So do I. It's really neat!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I agree with your son.

My son served in Afghanistan, but I haven't heard from him for a little while because he is in the midst of moving to Washington DC for some training for where he will be stationed next. I am curious to know what my son thinks of the situation with Afghanistan. I am thinking it will be similar to what your son thinks.

I am glad that we are withdrawing from there. I think 20 years should have been long enough to wrap it up.