Monday, August 16, 2021

Monday and a Bad Night's Sleep

I slept badly last night. I woke up at 10:00PM with cramps in my left foot and finally got up and took some Hyland's Restless Legs and put two tablets under my tongue. That took care of that. Then at 2:00AM, I woke up having a nightmare. I don't even remember what it was now. Then at 3:30AM, after finally getting back to sleep, I woke up again...restless. Finally at almost 5:00AM, I just got up. I was going to change my bed and do laundry today but after that bad night's sleep I decided to wait one more day. 

I am having my breakfast now and it's 7:04AM. I just opened my blinds and looked out and it looks like it may have rained a little last night.  That will be good for my plants.

I guess I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and see what the latest forecast is.

A couple of days of rain toward the end of the week.

I have been watering plants and forgot the time.

I changed the plant from the back yard to the front. It looked better then the one in the front. I think I may have over watered it. The CBS news is off now and I have to confess, I missed part of it.  It is now 10:35AM.

 I read again until lunchtime and then had the last of my chicken pot pies for lunch at nearly 1:00PM. Then I read again until 3:30PM. I finished one book and began another one.  

Now I need a break from reading. I will check the moisture on the plants.

They were all dry so I watered them.

I finished the last of three books and downloaded three more. It's 5:00PM now and I will watch the news for a change of pace. 

I watched the news until it was over and then took my bath. It's 7:20PM now and I will read until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.


4 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It sounds like a really rough night. I hope you will sleep well when it is time to again.I have had sleep problems ever since I had Grave's Thyroid disease. I was awake all of the time when I had that and had a lot of tremors in my hands and severe anemia. I was glad when the radioactive iodine finally took care of the problem. Then I changed from having an overactive thyroid to an underactive one. Even with the underactive thyroid I still have problems sleeping on a regular schedule. Maybe your thyroid dose is a little too much for you at this time. Be sure that nothing that you eat or drink has extra caffeine that you are not aware of in it. Caffeine past morning used to affect my sleep quite a bit. I don't drink it now, so I don't know what makes me have sleeping problems now.

Take care.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for the information, Susie. That's a possibility.

DrumMajor said...

Your daily routines have been fun to read. But, did you feed the cats this morning?

Not sure what's in your restless leg pills, but I use 6 ounces of diet Tonic Water every day. The quinine in it helps with cramps and a little with muscle aches. I asked my doc for quinine pills, but he said the tonic water was just fine. My friends and I have been surprised how much it helps. You don't even have to add gin with it, but that would probably help too.
Linda in Kansas too.

Margie's Musings said...

The only cat that came for breakfast was Scruff. Later Blondie came but didn't want anything to eat..only wanted to lie by my front door for awhile