Monday, August 30, 2021

Monday and Perhaps a Guest

I will be home today reading. I read until late last evening and went to bed late too. I didn't wake up in the night though. Betty called last evening to say she wasn't sure she would be coming today after all. The cousin she wanted to bring with her to Caney is unvaccinated and will not get vaccinated or wear a face mask. People who put others at risk to protect their "personal rights" not only put others at risk but themselves as well. There comes a time during an emergency (like during a pandemic) when you consider the welfare of others first. If you are ignorant enough not to get vaccinated and refuse to wear a mask, then you need to isolate yourself instead of exposing others to your ignorance and the risk of them being exposed to the Delta variant. So although Betty is welcome to come, I certainly don't want her cousin here under those circumstances. She will call me today about her decision to come or not to come.

I'll bet these folks who consider vaccination a violation of their "personal rights" observe speed limits and stop at stop signs and choose not to shoplift or violate the law in other ways. Laws are for the protection of the public at large...so is vaccination during pandemics.  Vaccination needs to be mandated by the government with penalties for those to violate it and put others at risk. 

More later...I need to put my laundry in the dryer. 

I have the laundry in the dryer now.

I had a text from my niece, Denise. She and her son, Eric, both have the covid..he is worse then she is but he plans to go to the doctor today. His family is in quarantine now..I hope. They are all at risk for the covid. I encouraged Denise to go to the doctor too but I don't know if she will or not. She doesn't have a doctor. I gave her the number for the clinic for Dr. Christensen, the doctor her dad went to, and that I changed to when my doctor retired. I hope she will call them or go to the emergency room. This pandemic is nothing to play with.

Nancy just called to see if I could come over. I told her I would need to wait to see if Betty Hanson was coming.  Betty is supposed to call me this morning to tell me if she still plans to come.  Since her cousin is not coming, I don't know whether she will still come or not.  I got the bed changed anyhow. I change it every other Monday.

I just texted Esther, Keith's wife. He left for Nigeria on Friday.I imagine she's lost without him. They are very close. She texted me back immediately.

More later... 

Betty called me last night and said she probably would not come after all. Her cousin did decide to come and they found the graves they were looking for but Betty didn't want me to be near her cousin since she wasn't vaccinated so after she took her cousin back to Coffeyville she went on home to Grove.

I read most of the afternoon and downloaded three more Amazon free books to my Kindle to read. I took my bath at 8:00PM and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I agree with you about the vaccinations.

Margie's Musings said...

As soon as I was eligible, I got the vaccination! I sure don't want it.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

My grandson attends a middle school where the school district has decided that students don't need to wear masks unless their family wants them to. I would never believe a school district to be so uninformed or just plain dumb. I am worried about my grandson, even though I believe he will wear his mask. He's only 11, so too young for a vaccination. There are some school districts her in my area of Missouri that have the kids wearing masks.