Friday, September 3, 2021

Friday and Mowing

I slept well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my breakfast and am drinking my coffee now. 

Last night I noticed my Amazon Prime was billed so I paid that. It is $119.99 a year but it gives me access to a lot of movies and older TV shows ...ones I prefer. I also get anything I buy from Amazon freight free.

This evening Krystal or one of her girls will mow for me. It doesn't need it badly because it's been so hot it hasn't grown much. But I like to keep it neat and observe my contract too so I will have it mowed after it cools down a bit.

I will also need to dust again today. I didn't get that done yesterday.

I will go turn on the TV and see if the rain is still in the forecast for tomorrow. I will also check to see if the cats are out there wanting their breakfast so I will get back to this later. 

That rain is still in the forecast and may start this afternoon late. I hope the yard can get mowed first.

Both cats were out there but Blondie didn't eat anything. His owner must be feeding him now. Scruff was there and she nearly ate all the food herself. What little she had left I put into a paper cup and covered it with saran and put it in the frig.. They are still working on that wet cat food.

I also cleaned up the hummingbird feeder and refilled it with sugar water and put it back out there.  I watered the plants in the front. I haven't done the back flowerbed yet. I will get to it soon.

Both the front yard and the back yard are covered with leaves from the neighbor's trees. I hope someone can mow this evening and mow them into the bag. Not that it will help much. Fall is just around the corner and both yards will be covered then anyhow. It's a lost cause. After they stop falling I will rake them and bag them.

More later... 

It's 11:15AM and I have been reading since 10:00AM when the CBS news went off. I had an ice cream bar for lunch and another breakfast bar. Nothing sounded good to me.

Krystal came and mowed while I was working on the puzzle. She was nearly done before I even knew she was out there. I took her out some water and we visited briefly. She is such a nice woman. She has three girls in school here. I think the oldest goes to Copan school. Krystal is a mail woman in Bartlesville. She is usually here by 2:30PM when she mows it. It takes her about 30 minutes.The girls and the parents had a football game to go to tonight. 

I was going to go to Eggbert's and have something for supper since I didn't have lunch but they were closed so I stopped at Sonic and had a small hamburger and small french fries and medium coke and brought that home to eat. 

It is 5:15PM now. In the morning if it isn't raining I will trim.  I am waiting for the CBS news now. It comes on at 5:30PM. 

I watched the news and then read in my latest book.At 8:00PM, I took my bath. I will go back to my book until bedtime.

I brought in the solar kitty just in case it rains. I don't leave it out at night anyhow. I bring it in to the dark den where it glows. 

Back to my book now!

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

We have been getting rain all morning; it started out as light rain, but now it's raining harder... not a downpour, just a good, steady rain. It's a little late for most gardens, but farmers will be glad to have their soybeans watered in the fields this long before harvest. It's supposed to wind down this morning, then more rain tonight.

Margie's Musings said...

We are suppose to get rain this evening and all night. It's 8:12PM now and it hasn't started yet.