Saturday, September 4, 2021

Saturday and Possible Raking

I don't believe it rained last night and if it doesn't rain today, I will do some raking in the back yard. Also I will do the trimming if it doesn't rain today. It's still  dark at 5:55AM so I can't tell much about it is doing out there except I don't hear any rain....at least not yet. I slept well last night and only woke up once to go to the bathroom. I read until 10:00PM and then went on to bed and right to sleep.

I was up this morning at  5:00AM, as usual.

I never did dust either Thursday or Friday so I'd better work that in today sometime.

In a little while I will turn on the TV and watch "the weather on the 8's" to see what the prognosis is going to be for today. I will also see if the cats are out there wanting breakfast. I will wait until it gets light though. 

It is supposed to rain later today so I will rake the back yard now.

O.K. It's 7:45AM and I have just finished raking the back yard and putting the leaves in the black yard bag, I don't know how long that will last but it looks good right now. The front wasn't as bad because the wind was from the south. I just picked up a few leaves. The mowing had bagged them yesterday evening.

 May be an image of grass and tree

Both cats came for breakfast and for once Blondie ate too. They finished off all the cat food and I washed their dish and it is on the drying mat now. Blondie insists on getting right under my feet when I walk and I have to scoot him away so I won't trip over him. Scruff doesn't do that. She usually just scampers back of the hedge to the food bowls.

I got the trimming finished just before the battery went down on the trimmer. It's on the charger now. The yard looks pretty good for just a yard. I have no lawn....mostly crabgrass. But I like to keep it neat anyhow.  The heat has really bleached it out.

I got the hedge trimmed and it is 77 degrees  out there and yet very humid! That's all the outdoors work I am going to do today. My face is very sweaty.

More even later...  It's almost 9:00AM

I have read most of the morning and just as I was ready to finish the book, the Kindle needed charging.  It's nearly 1:00PM now and I am going to go to Eggbert's and have lunch. 

I went to Eggbert's and had my usual lunch..chicken salad, fruit and a muffin with iced sweet tea. I brought the tea home and drank it. Then I called Nancy about 2:20PM to see if she wanted company. She did so I went over and visited her until 4:15PM or so. I developed a cramp in my right leg and couldn't seem to walk it off so I came home to take some of that Hyland's for leg cramps. By then, I had walked it off. I decided to try to read my Kindle again even though it was not yet fully charged. It's 4:50PM now. Later this evening I will have my supper banana.

Nancy wants to go to lunch Monday or Tuesday and I will be ready to do that again by then. 

More later...

Then at 7:00PM I intend to take my bath and sometime after that, between 9:00PM and 10:00PM I will go to bed. 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Your grass looks dead like mine. I am tired of mowing and really don’t care.

Kay said...

You have so much energy. We don’t have a lawn to mow in Hawaii. I was disappointed when we first saw the house, but it’s kinda nice now not to worry about it. I like seeing your photo so we can see what it really looks like.