Thursday, September 2, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well last night after reading later last evening. I was up close to 6:00AM and made my bed,made myself ready for the day. I'll get into my regular routine  soon. I am finishing my breakfast now and drinking my coffee and Chai Latte. I got busy reading the Chronicle and let my oatmeal get cold but I ate it anyhow.

Soon I will turn on the TV for "the weather on the 8's" and see what to expect today. It's 7:15AM now and getting light. The two cats may be out there waiting for their food too.

They were both out there but Scruff was the only one who ate anything. She loves that wet cat food. I imagine Blondie was fed by his owner who lives a couple of houses up State Street on the west side of the street facing the east.

I will see about the weather and the CBS news. 

My longtime friend, Gay, called last evening and wanted me to attend her 65th class reunion with her on October 2nd and then she wanted to come home with me and stay all night instead of driving back to Chanute late at night. That sounded good to me so I put it on my calendar. We have been friends since I was a senior in high school and she was a freshman. I worked downtown in the afternoon when I was a senior and she lived downtown with her family and went home for lunch so we walked together every day. We have managed to stay in touch all these years. I am 85...almost 86 and she is 81 and will be 82 in September..if I recall correctly. I will have to ask her to be sure.  

Last night I watched the first episode of the DVD Keith sent me of "Last Man Standing". It was clever. I will watch more of it every evening.

Right now I will check the weather and get back to this later...

It's forecast to rain on Saturday so I have one of Krystal's girls or perhaps Krystal coming to mow on Friday evening. 

I went out to Dollar General and bought some more wet swifters so I could finish my mopping. I also got some more index cards. I use those to keep track of the books I have read during the pandemic. Later I will go to the market and buy my bananas. I had my last one last evening. That's what I have for supper.

I finished my mopping. I have vacuumed the bedroom, the living room and the hall. In a little bit I will do the den and the dining room rug. Then I will be  finished for another week except for the dusting.I will do that tomorrow unless my energy holds out. After I finish my vacuuming, I will have to empty it, take it apart and wash it and wash the filters. The throw rugs are finished now. I always put them in the dryer under fresh air and then clean the filter of the dryer.

More later... 

I got the sweeping all finished and the vacuum sweeper cleaned up and put away. The filters are drying overnight on the dish drainer. I am tired and will read awhile. It's 11:30AM.

It's 2:32PM now and I just had a TV dinner for my lunch. I have been reading most of the morning.

It's 3:35PM and I have just finished another book. I think I will call Nancy and see if she is up for company.

I did go over to Nancy's and we visited for awhile.Sandy, her cousin Richard's widow, came over after awhile and we  visited with her too. After she left I took Nancy to the Caney Market and she bought a few things. Then I took her home and came home myself.

I watered my flowerbeds again  then I started another book, took my bath at 7:00PM and went to bed shortly after 9:00PM. I was tired.  

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Loved hearing about you and your friend.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you! She is special!!