Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Wednesday and a Hairdo

I slept poorly last night . I was terribly worried about my niece, Denise, and her son and his family. She has the covid and so does her son, Eric. None of them are vaccinated. It's against Eric's family's religion to be vaccinated and since they were not vaccinated, Denise didn't get vaccinated either.  I imagine his wife and children will get it too in time. He did go to the doctor yesterday with a bad cough and got a prescription for a ventilator. At least that's what Diana, her sister, said.  Denise is mad at me for me intimating in my texting that what they all did was irresponsible during a pandemic and since she lives alone I don't know what will happen to her with no one there with her to take care of her. I have been worried sick about her and Eric and his family. My sleep was restless because of my concern about them. I tried texting her later yesterday to find out how she was doing but she never answered me. Diana said she was angry with me. She thought I was bawling her out. I am just heartsick. I am leery of trying to go see her even though I am fully vaccinated. She may have the Delta variant and I could catch that. At my age, I just can't take a chance.

I will go check on the weather and the cats and get back to this later.

The weather says "hot" all week except rain for Saturday.

Both cats were out there waiting for some more of that wet cat food. I fed them and then watered the plants by the mailbox. When they are finished and gone I will bring in their bowls and water the hanging plant in front. I will go turn to the news now.

More later..I need to leave at 8:15AM if I am going to get money from my bank before I get my hair done at 9:00AM and then go get gas. I want to get my pedicure done today too while I am in Coffeyville. It's only 7:25AM now so I have some time. 

I got to Coffeyville and went to get gas at Woodshed.  As usual, the train was stuck across the tracks at South Coffeyville so I went back to the beauty shop and got my hair done first. Then I went back out to Woodshed and got my gas. Then I got my long overdue pedicure. After that I went to the senior center to visit with Janet. I told her I was not going to come to Farkle while that woman Brenda, is coming there and is not fully vaccinated. She told Janet Tuesday that she had had her first shot and since she had been to the library, she was wearing a face mask. You can't get into the library without one. That's the way it ought to be. If everyone required vaccination and face masks, we would be through this mess in months. 

Then I came home and stopped at the Sonic and got their child's Wacky Pack for $2.18 and took it home for my lunch.

Then I called Mary who owns the trailer court where Denise has her trailer parked and asked her to check on Denise. Mary called me back and said Denise said if she had the virus, it must have been a very light case because today she feels fine. Mary called me back and told me what she had said. I am so relieved! I was very afraid she was going to be very sick.

Now I am going to read again.

I read until an hour or so ago and have been texting with Keith. He just went to bed. It's 10:30PM in Nigeria. It's 4:40PM here.

I probably should water again. It's 97 degrees here now.

Here is one relaxed cat!


May be an image of cat 

It is 6:15PM now and I had better do some watering but I have to wait until this cat goes home. Right now he is enjoying my front door area.

I will take my bath at 7:00PM and try to get to bed  by 9:00PM.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

That cat has found it’s home.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

That is such a happy, relaxed cat. He's found such a comfy place on your porch. It looks like he is trying to adhere himself to your home. He wants to stick around.