Friday, October 8, 2021

Friday and Dusting

The only thing I have planned for today is to dust the apartment.  I will probably read too. I downloaded and started a new free book yesterday from Amazon.

I got up at my usual time this morning...5:00AM. I am well rested after yesterday's effort . I think I went to bed at 8:30PM.

I am eating my breakfast now and when I finish I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's " and check on the cats.

I didn't watch "Bull" last night so sometime today I will watch the recording.

I have finished my breakfast  and will go turn on the TV now.

It appears the rains will start Sunday evening and go through Tuesday next week according to the "weather on the 8's"..

Both cats came for breakfast and I put away the food in the garage and covered it when they finished. 

I have been watching  the CBS news. It's over now. I also watched the recorded version of "Bull". It is the first session  of the 6th season. 

Rudy Taylor came by and brought back the two books I loaned him. I was going to pick them up at their office but he thought he would just bring them by my apartment. 

I got the dusting finished after the news. I am listening to Kenny Rogers music now on Alexa.  It is 9:30AM now.

I am going to make some broccoli cheddar soup. I will take some to Nancy too.

I took the soup over to her but came right back home. I wanted her to feel free to talk to David. She had called him at last. He is her only child..Even though he has tried to put her in a nursing home, he probably feels helpless living so far away in North Carolina. He has Parkinson's disease and might eventually be in a nursing home himself. She is 86 and if she falls and breaks something, she has no one left to notify. I really should have a key to her house since I am her only friend that visits her. I may suggest that I have one made since Dale, her cousin and his wife, are no longer speaking to her and they live over at Tyro. Dale and Gina have the only other key to her place.

It is 10:40AM now. So, more even later.... 

I went over to Coffeyville and had a key made for me to Nancy's front door so I can check on her in case she falls there in her house all by herself.. I can get in the house if she needs me. We are going to the bank tomorrow to see if her bank account is secure. Dale, her cousin, has his name on her checking account and Gina has way too much influence on him. She needs to get a duplicate bank statement in the mail each month. Dale and Gina, his wife, are mad at Nancy because she refuses to go into assisted living in Bartlesville. They haven't been to see her since she made that decision. 

It's 4:58PM right now and I have been over there most of the afternoon. She is so unhappy with her family. She has a right to make that kind of decision for herself. It's a life changing decision.

I will read until time for my bath and then read until bedtime.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I doubt she misses those cousins too much. They didn’t treat her very well.

Margie's Musings said...

No they didn't but except for me,she is all alone.