Monday, October 4, 2021

Monday and a Rest Day

 I had a busy weekend but I slept very well and was up at 6:00AM instead of 5:00AM, my usual time to get up. So it's 7:00AM now and I am just now eating my breakfast. I enjoyed my visit with Gay last weekend. We had a lot to visit about. 

I think I will just do nothing today. I do need to make an appointment with the audiologist down at Bartlesville to see what is wrong with my hearing.  My hearing aid must be broken or the batteries must have expired because it is not working. I may have wax down in my ear that would need to be flushed out. I also need to call Jim and Messinger's furniture. Dale Cotton, who was on Thursday's tour, said Jim works on antique clocks and I would like to get mine working again. So may not be a wasted day after all.

So more later... 

Jim is no longer working on clocks. His eyesight is failing plus has bought the Messenger's furniture store and really doesn't have the time to do it anymore. He did give me a tip about a jewelry store in Bartlesville that might work on clocks. I think I will go down there and check that out today. The fellow at the jewelry store in Bartlesville that worked on clocks, has retired. I was given the name and number  of Andy Woodside from Dewey that does. I called him

So more later... Travis Grether does work on antique clocks but he is in Tulsa. and according to Andy Woodside, from Dewey, he is expensive. Andy doesn't work on chiming antique clocks but he got his training from Travis. Travis' telephone number is 918 742 1400.

Before I see an audiologist I will buy some new batteries for my hearing aid and try that. It may be these batteries I have are too old. I will try Dollar General before I go out of town. I will be going to Coffeyville on Wednesday and if Dollar General doesn't have hearing aid batteries, Walmart does. Then I will get some on Wednesday. 

More later... 

I bought some new batteries but the hearing aid still isn't working. I may have to see the audiologist after all. I'll see if I can find a number for her. I googled it and found the number. I called but they insist my doctor has to fax my health  information to them before I can have an appointment and then they will make the appointment. I wonder how long before I can get in.I may just go to Midwest in Independence and have then check my hearing and the hearing aide.

Blondie came for supper but he was the only one who did. Of course Scruff was the only one who came for breakfast. 

I got some tulip bulbs for the back flower bed. They were freebees. I planted as many as I could but I still have a dozen I don't know what to do with. 

Suzanne is going to have Krystal or one of her daughters mow the yard that Brandon left a mess. She has cleaned over there for two days. He left all his utilities unpaid too. He left a $600. electric bill. Lord only knows how big the gas, water and trash will be. He didn't leave a forwarding address so unfortunately the gas company, the electric company and the city all will have to eat it.  What a bum!! I knew he was like that when he had a dog over there when we have a contract forbidding any animals in the house. The dog scratched on the bathroom door and on the trim around the door and made deep scratches in that bathroom door. And he only mowed every three weeks and our contract says we must mow weekly.

I watched the CBS news this evening. Then I swept off the porch area.

It's 6:35PM now. In a little bit, I will take my bath and then read until bedtime.


No comments: