Sunday, October 3, 2021

Sunday and Church

I slept well last night on the daybed even though I was up twice getting rid of all the water I drank at the reunion last night. I dressed and got ready for church and Gay decided to come to church with me and eat at "Just Us" afterward. I was disappointed in the attendance but I guess that's to be expected after almost two years of being shut down except for the three weeks we were open earlier this year before the surge of cases that followed at that time.  

But Leslie's remarks were very appropriate to the theme. Everyone also enjoyed seeing those that came again. Chris Green was there and brought his Boxer dog, Beurford. That dog is  so neat. And he really loves Chris. Chris also mentioned during the announcement period that when he started coming to our church, he began to read the Bible for the first time and in three weeks he will be able to finish it.

After church, three of us went over to "Just Us" to have dinner. We had a fine meal and I had pie with ice cream on it for dessert. Gay went on home from there and Becky and I went on to Coffeyville. She had square dance class at the senior center and I had to get some money from the bank's machine and buy gas. While at the bank, I caught my right thumb in the car door. It's pretty sore.Then I came on back to Caney. I thought I left my church key at church after I opened the door. I couldn't find it in my purse or the car.

When I got home I found Suzanne still working  on cleaning  the apartment next door. The dog Brandon kept there had scratched the bathroom door badly and chewed on the door casing trying to get out of the bathroom. He was evidently kept in the bathroom at night. She used Old English furniture polish to try to put some color back in those areas. It's tragic when you sign an contract for the rules and then violate it recklessly.

It's 4:53PM now. I am pretty tired. It has been a big weekend. I won't want any supper..that's for sure.

Rick and Carmen didn't come to church after all. Carmen had to open the restaurant since Salvador was out of town. I missed seeing them.

I watered the flower bed in the front yard. Now I had better water the hanging plant in front.

Then I will read!

So more later...

I found my church key! When I took off my jeans and shook them before hanging them back up, the key fell out of one of the pockets. I put it in my purse.

I have had my bath.  I missed the church at Springfield's worship service. The time got away from me. It's 6:44PM now.

I plan to go to bed early at 9:00PM if my thumb lets me sleep. I may take some Aleve before I go to bed. 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

It’s such a good feeling to find something you have list.

Galla Creek said...

Lost