Friday, December 31, 2021

Friday and A Winter Weather Advisory

I slept poorly last night just when I thought I was sleeping so well lately. I was too tired and really hadn't done all that much except the vacuuming. I will need to finish that this morning. I still have the living room and dining room to do. I just played out yesterday and didn't want to take a chance on the vacuum sweeper shutting down again. It gets full of carpet fibers. It's almost worse then the dirt it used to have in it after I finished.

I have made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I have even had my breakfast and coffee and am trying something new that I bought in Coffeyville Wednesday. It is called Vanilla Latte. I have drunk the two pods of Chai Latte that Marilyn gave me.

I see in the Chronicle that they have decided that scum bag that shot and killed Johnna's husband, Greg,  is incompetent to try for his murder. They will put him in a mental institution for the rest of his life.  That's a shame. He was competent enough to kill Greg.

I will go check out "the weather on the 8's" and see if the cats are out there waiting for their breakfast.

Both cats were out there but neither of them ate much.

I see we are under a winter weather advisory. Tomorrow we are forecast for freezing rain. Well it will be 2022 tomorrow and it is winter. I just am not looking forward to it.

I worked on another puzzle for a couple of hours this afternoon and finally realized I had not had lunch so I went down to Copan to the Copan Truck Stop and had my iced tea and the small chef salad.

Then I came back home and my landlord was next door so I took the rent check over to him and visited awhile with them. They are only going to use the apartment next door when they come to see their grandchildren who live here. They are staying in Owasso at their home there most of the time. They said they would probably just use the apartment a couple of days a week. He did change two light bulbs for me. I visited with them awhile.They are very nice people. They said they would paint the paneling in the living room if I wanted them to, They painted theirs a light grey and I like it very much. It brightens up the room a lot. 

He changed a couple of burned out light bulbs for me and offered to install a ceiling fan in the bedroom. 

They have decided they won't sell their Owasso home. They are disappointed there aren't any nice restaurants in the area.

It is 4:38PM now. I won't be needing any supper..that's for sure.

More later...

I worked on the puzzle a couple of hours and then at 7:00PM I took my bath. Afterward I was going to read again but the Kindle needed to be charged again.

I had planned to read. I am tired of working on the puzzle this evening.

I will go to bed early this evening..probably about 9:00PM.

 


2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I worry about getting freezing rain. One year several years ago we had a lot of freezing rain and our electric was out for 4 days. Back then our daughter and son in law lived just a few blocks away and we were able to go and spend a couple of the days with them. Now they live in a different county than we do, across long overpasses and a bridge over the Missouri river. People drive that highway at a minimum of 80 mph, so if our electric goes off we won't be able to get out to their house to stay a couple of days. Maybe in an emergency we could stay with my friend who lives nearby, if her electric wasn't off too. Freezing rain is my most worrisome thing of winter, that and the fact that in my family, someone always passes away before winter is over.

Margie's Musings said...

That's terrible Susie! I will just stay in if we get the freezing rain.