Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Tuesday and An Appointment

I slept well again last night and before I went to bed, I finished another book. I never woke up in the night even once. I was up at 5:00AM as usual. I took my meds this morning. I have made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am eating my breakfast now and having my coffee. 

It has rained most of the night. 

At 10:00AM I will go down to see Nancy. I will probably need my umbrella. Yesterday I gave Rudy Nancy's address so they can send her the Chronicle. I will probably eat lunch at Eggbert's down there and at 3:00PM I have an appointment with the audiologist. She will finally fit my hearing aide and test my hearing again so she can adjust it. That's another $75.00 for the test. Getting the hearing aide repaired was $350. And I had to pay that when they sent it in to the factory. Always something. Then on the 30th, I will get my crown. That's already paid for too in advance... thank goodness. Oh well, I can't take it with me.

It's 6:15AM now.  I will go check out the weather.

So more later...

No cats this morning but of course, it's raining. They aren't coming out in the rain and get soaked.

It;s supposed to rain most of the day and Friday too.

I left to go visit with Nancy at 9:30AM and got there by 10:00AM we visited until noon and then I left and went to eat at Eggbert's before my appointment. Then I drove around the mall to see what was left there....certainly not much!

I had a great surprise when I got to my appointment. The factory couldn't fix my hearing aid so the factory sent me a new one. I paid $350. to have it fixed and outside of the office call of $75. there was no additional charge. The audiologist adjusted it on her computer and got it clear as a bell. This one has an adjustment I can make if I want it to be louder or softer. The one I had didn't have that adjustment. She also gave me a couple of ear pieces (the part that fits into the ear) and a package of batteries. So  I am delighted. I was all ready to be unhappy with them for cancelling my appointment two weeks ago and having to reappoint me for today. Then when I went to check in with them, both office people completely ignored me. I finally just took a seat. Before they let me go back to the audiologist, they wanted their $75.00 and I gave them my debit card. 

My landlord and his wife get their carpet laid tomorrow. They came to see mine after I got home this afternoon. They thought it looked good too. I will go to Coffeyville tomorrow and get my hair done. Afterward I will go out to the Coffeyville Walmart and see if they have any Chai Latte. I checked Bartlesville's Walmart and they had none. The employee that works that area said it was probably the hang up at the docks in California. I will drop by Marilyn's in the afternoon. She wants me to come and pick up two Chai Latte she has. I will visit with her a bit. 

I just texted my son Scott who has the covid and he is 80% better today and feels good. I am so delighted.He had been fully vaccinated and had even had the booster. My older son has shingles and I have just texted him to see how he is doing. He is better too..thank goodness. Shingles are no fun.

More later...I will go watch the CBS evening news now. Maybe the cats are out there too. They didn't come for breakfast.

It's 6:25PM and  will take my bath soon.Then I will either work on my puzzle or read again. I downloaded two more free books from Amazon. 

I plan to go to bed sometime between 9:00PM and 10:00PM

 

1 comment:

Annsterw said...

I hope your son is 100% recovered ASAP! Sounds like another busy day - I am happy to hear you are happy with the hearing aid. Some people seem to really struggle to get used to using them - happy to hear you are happy with yours!