Monday, December 6, 2021

Monday and Laundry

I slept well again last night, I was up at 5:00AM and stripped my bed, remade it and did some laundry. I just put it in the dryer. When it's dry I will fold it and put it away. It's 6:30AM now and I just finished my breakfast and am soaking the dishes. Since I no longer have a dishwasher, I Heloese them. I fill the sink with very hot water and put the dishes in it to soak until everything is soft or dissolved and them I rinse them off. I leaned that years ago from a column in the paper called "Hints From Heloese". She had a lot of tips on how to make your  housework easier.  She's probably long gone now. I was young when I read that column.

I don't have much of a plan for today except for the laundry. I was going to go back over to Coffeyville today to cash the check John Wade sent me from the classmates account but I will be going down to Bartlesville to visit Nancy tomorrow and I will get my hair done Wednesday in Coffeyville and that may be game day too at the senior center so I will just wait until Wednesday to cash the check. Thursday is my crown prep here in Caney. I dread that. I hope she doesn't get into the nerve so I lose another tooth. The crown will cost me $1353.25. That's with a 5% discount for cash. I will pay for it on Thursday so I will get the 5% discount. They plan to seat it on the 30th of December. I hope all goes well. It will be a busy week.

I didn't get any more classmate news in the e-mail this morning so I may address Christmas cards today and get them ready to go out later next week or next. It depends on how much news I have by then to work into the classmate newsletter. So far it's only three pages and it's usually seven. Of course, it's only the 6th of the month.

I guess I will go watch the weather and the news and check on the cats.

So, more later...

 May be an image of tree and grass 

My neighbor got the siding on their new master bedroom and the house looks a lot better!

More later...there were no cats out there. Of course, it 7:33AM and they may have given up on me. 

So far the internet is holding on the desktop computer. :) 

I did go over to Coffeyville to cash that check and also go to Wal Mart for some things I can't get at the Caney Market. I was also going to get my pedicure but found that place was closed. I hate that. I really enjoy a pedicure every couple of months. So after I got my errands run, I came back home. It is 10:54AM now and everything I hoped to get done...that I could get done...is done. Now I will read until lunch time. I may go out to Eggbert's here for my lunch. It has been several weeks since I have done that. I have been eating frozen meals.

I did go out to Eggbert's at noon and had a senior meal. It was very good and quite cheap. But it was just right for me.

It's 3:15PM now and I have been working on the class  newsletter again. I got a Christmas card from a classmate who shared some news for the newsletter. I will go back to reading now. 

So again..more later...

I didn't read for long! I began working on my Christmas letter and got 11 of them done. I still have others to do but will need to buy some more Christmas cards before I can resume doing that.

It is 5:50PM now and I am missing the news.  I may have recorded the evening CBS news.  If so, I will go watch it now.

So, more later... 

My landlord dropped by to see if I wanted him to put the other two bags of leaves in his dumpster. I let him do that. Michael is very nice and so is his wife. He only stays here once or twice a week since they still live in Owasso. He has been painting next door where they will live eventually. 

 May be an image of 4 people, people standing and indoor 

I found this photo on Leslie's facebook and copied it off. That is me..the old woman in front. Behind me is Sarge (their dog) and Ginger, Scott's wife, Leslie, my daughter, and Esther, Keith's wife. Somebody, possibly John, took this photo. It was taken Thanksgiving.

At 7:00PM I will take my bath and I plan to get to bed at 9:00PM again. Until then, I will go back to reading.

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

You don't look old!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I think that is a very good picture of you. I couldn't help but notice Sarge looks like he is posing for the picture. It even looks like he is smiling.

Suemn said...

Margie, you don't look old at all. I think you look great.