Saturday, December 11, 2021

Saturday and A Day of Rest

I slept well last night although I woke up a little dizzy this morning. After I got up and around that went away however. I made my bed and got myself dressed and fixed my breakfast. I am eating it now while I blog. I don't really have a plan for today. I think I will just rest today. I cleaned the apartment yesterday and picked up my two prescriptions and read. That kept me busy yesterday.

I haven't heard from Gay in months and I have had her on my mind lately. I think I will e-mail her today and find out what's going on in her life. Her sister, Adele and husband, Stan, moved in with her earlier this year and that was a good thing. She shouldn't be out there in the country all by herself. She has animals to feed and care for..a mule, a jack and a horse and Adele's mule too, Then there was the mowing and the housework too. I am glad they are there to help her and be with her so she won't be out there all by herself.

I have been lonely since Nancy went into assisted living in Bartlesville. Suzanne doesn't come much because she has her sister, Judy, to look after as well as her daughter and grandchildren and even Steve. Leslie and John are busy, busy, busy. So if it weren't for the activity at the senior center each month, I would really feel isolated.

I have an appointment on Wednesday afternoon with the audiologist in Bartlesville at 3:15PM to have my hearing rechecked and pick up the hearing aid that has been repaired. Then that Friday is the $3.00 dinner at the senior center. I pick up one for Marilyn too and take it to her afterward and visit awhile.

It's 6:30AM now and I should go check "the weather on the 8's" and see if the cats are out there hungry.

I did e-mail Gay and also, both cats were there hungry. I am feeding both of them now. Now I will get back to the morning CBS news. 

I watched the CBS morning news and then put together birthday cards for those of the congregation who are having birthdays this week. I went to the post office for more stamps. I have been sending out Christmas cards as well as those birthday cards so I needed more stamps for the class newsletter.

I haven't heard back from Gay. Maybe she hasn't checked her e-mail this morning. I guess I will get back to the latest book I downloaded last evening.

I will read all morning.

So, more even later.... 

I finally got an answer from Gay. They are doing fine and had a great family Thanksgiving.

I also got a funny from Ed Cotner, one of my classmates. I sent it on to the kids and Gay. 

More later...

I've read until 4:00PM and now the Kindle needs charging again and also my Fitnus needs charging again. So I have both of them on charging.

It seems to take a long time to charge that Fitnus.  I will leave it charging longer then 5 minutes and see if that helps. I left it plugged in for twenty minutes and it only charged one digit.

The Fitnus is not charging at all now. I am going to plug it in at the USB port on my desktop computer and leave it plugged in a long time. I think when I charged it at Scott and Ginger's I left it plugged in all night and it was 65% charged that time. It's only three weeks old  and it doesn't appear to be charging much at all. I will check it again before I go to bed. Hopefully it will be charged by then.

The USB port on the computer got it charged to 22%. I plugged it back in to see if it will charge more now.

Now I will go watch the CBS news and get back to this later. it's only 6:03PM now.

It's 7:30PM now and this has not been an easy evening. Suddenly my phone went black and I tried to get it turned back on with the on button but nothing happened. It was charged this evening so that couldn't be the problem. Finally I plugged it back in again and after awhile it came back on. It was already charged to 85% so I don't know what happened but evidently charging it even more helped. At least the last time I looked at it...before my bath, it was still charging. It will be interesting to see if anything else can happen.

At least at this point the desktop computer has stayed connected to the internet this week.

It's after 7:30PM now and I think I will go read some more. I saw the Kindle was fully charged again and the green light was on.

I plan to go to bed sometime between 9:00PM and 10:00PM.

 

 

No comments: