Thursday, December 9, 2021

Thursday and a Crown Prep.

 It's 5:30AM now and in two hours I will go to the dentist for a crown prep. I hope she doesn't get into the nerve and cause  me to have to have a root canal. A bicuspid is too small a tooth to have a root canal done in it. And I don't want to lose another tooth. I've been down that road before and it was a catastrophe. I lost a very expensive bridge over it and later...a tooth. There doesn't seem to be an alternative to the crown except to lose the tooth. I will just have to trust that she will be careful.

The entire experience has taught me not to crunch ice cubes. 

I have had my breakfast now and am drinking my coffee. I will go turn on the "weather on the 8's" and see what is forecast for today and the rest of the week. In an hour I will check on the cats.

Both Blondie and Scruff came for breakfast this morning. I took their food out and they are eating hungrily. It is 6:23AM now and in shortly before an hour I will go to the dentist. 

I went to the dentist about 7:20AM and got in and didn't have to wait long. 

It took three hours to do the crown prep...primarily because there was an emergency during that time too. It did well though and she didn't get into the nerve. I paid for it when they finished. I wrote a check because if I had used my debit card the bank would have charged them a service charge. I paid it in full by check. The appointment to seat the crown will be December 30th...again at 7:30AM.

When I got home, I read until 1:39PM when my Kindle needed charging again. It's on the charge now. I will read the latest book I downloaded on it earlier when it is charged later today.

I will find something for my lunch now. When I got out of the dental  office, I went by the Sonic and got a Mocha Crunch Blast. I get one of those about once a week. I had a frozen meal and am full now.

The Kindle is charged again now and I will read in my latest downloaded free book from Amazon. I have watched the CBS evening news and taken my bath. I hope to sleep better tonight. Maybe I won't be apprehensive since the crown is prepared and she didn't get into the nerve.

Blondie came back for supper this evening. Scruff didn't come. 

I didn't clean the apartment today so I will do that tomorrow morning.

 Perhaps more later...

5 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I'm praying that your dental work will go perfectly.

I had terrible dental phobia from the time I was about 9 years old after an experience with a bad dentist, until I was in my 50's when I had to go because a wisdom tooth broke off. I have a kind and gentle dentist now, but I still have that carry over tension from childhood, so from being so tense in the chair, I am always just worn out when I get home, and need a rest. After my eye surgery is done healing I will be having dental work on one of my back bottom molars, I haven't decided between having it capped or just pulled. Caps are so very expensive.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I know. Mine cost over $1300 dollars.

Margie's Musings said...

If you have a tooth removed, over time the one above it (or below it if the broken one is an upper) will extrude into the space and could influence your bite. Save it if you can.

Galla Creek said...

Glad your tooth was savable.

Suemn said...

Wouldn't you know... I was on a car trip today and on the way home we stopped to pick up lunch. Yes, I crunched my ice cubes:) I'll have to remember, on your story, to stop doing that.