Monday, January 31, 2022

Monday and Breakfast Out

I slept well last night and was up early as usual. I won't be eating breakfast this morning here in the apartment because Leslie is meeting me at 7:30AM this morning at Eggbert's for breakfast. John is having a wisdom tooth extracted this morning so I am meeting for breakfast with Leslie while that is happening.

I hope he takes it easy for a few days so he won't have a dry socket. I have never had a dry socket but when I worked in the dental office, I used to hear of people who did. As I recall we had to pack the socket with a cotton ball and eugenol every day for the better part of a week..  

I wonder how did John's dental appointment went.

I am doing laundry this morning. That's all I have planned for the day. After it was dry, I folded it and put it away.

I downloaded a couple more books yesterday evening after I finished reading the three I had downloaded earlier this week. So undoubtedly, I will read again.

The desktop computer says it is 26 degrees and clear this morning.  I guess I should go check out the "weather on the 8's" and see if the cats are out there this morning. They didn't come for supper last night.

Strange, it's 6:44AM  and the cats are still not out there. They are usually there by 6:30AM. I hope they are alright. They didn't have supper last night either.

More later... 

I had breakfast with  Leslie and we had a good visit. I stopped at the post office on my way home and sent off the watch Ginger gave me for my birthday to be repaired or replaced. I hope they can do that. 

Then I came home and made an appointment to give blood on March 2nd. The blood bank is in seriously low condition...worse then it's been ten years.

I ate too much breakfast this morning. I am used to just oatmeal  and a breakfast bar and coffee and chai. I had two pancakes and bacon and that was way too much heavy food. But I took an antacid tablet and I am hoping that will help.

It's 10:43AM and I guess I will go read some more. I will check on the cats too although it's pretty late for them to be out there now. 

It's 1:12 PM now and I have read until the mail came then I got it and paid a bill. I will take it up to the post office in a little while and put it in the outside box. They will pick it up about 3:00PM. I also wrapped up the broken Runmifit and sent it to Ginger. She will send it back to the company and see if they fix it or replace it.

I see it's 59 degrees now and sunny. That warmed up nicely!

I will go back to my book in a minute. 

I finished that book and started another one. It's 4:16PM right now and I went up to Mr. Gs and bought a small butter pecan Flurry. I could really get hooked on those things.

 More even later..

My phone froze this evening and I tried to reboot it to get it to charge. It took several times before it began to charge again. It seems like it's just one thing or another with this phone. I have left it plugged in while I take my bath to see if it's going to charge. After five minutes it only charged one number..If it continues like this overnight, when I go to Bartlesville tomorrow to see Nancy, I will take it into US cellular down there and see if they can figure it out. The phone is charging now and is up to 93%. I don't know what the problem was but it seems to be fixed now. I moved it closer to the wifi. That may have helped.

It's 6:34PM now and I guess I will take my bath and put my pajamas on. I haven't seen the cats all day. They weren't here for breakfast or supper. I will check out there again before I take my bath.

I checked out there for the cats and they were not there. I hope someone has not taken them to kill them...surely not! And yet, at one time I was feeding four and now I am down to two..if they haven't been taken too. 

I had my bath at 7:00PM and am going to get back to my book until 9:00PM or so..

No comments: