Thursday, February 3, 2022

Thursday and More Snow

I slept well until 1:30AM and then my phone beeped with a text. I looked and there was no new text. That has happened a couple of times in the past. I don't know what the problem is. I got back to sleep just fine but it took me awhile. I slept until 5:00AM when I got up and got myself ready for the day. It is 5:28AM now and I am having my breakfast. My only plan for the day is to clean the apartment. First I will mop the bare floors and then vacuum two rooms and the hall. I will save the other two rooms until tomorrow.

Soon I will go turn on the TV and and watch "the weather on the 8's". And only Blondie came for supper last night. I don't know what Scruff did for food..maybe nothing.

The desktop computer says it is 13 degrees and a winter storm out there. If that is true, that means I will not be going anywhere today. I just plugged in the Kindle. I will be reading again. 

I just checked outside and all that sidewalk my landlord scraped off for me last evening is covered with new snow. There is no clear place to feed any cats that might come for breakfast. I may have to scrape snow just to get to the mailbox today.

 May be an image of 1 person, snow and tree 

This is what 4 to 5 inches of snow looks like in southeast Kansas....at 7:36AM in the morning. 

I read all morning and finished another book. I ate the other half of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich from yesterday for my lunch.

It's 11:21AM now and the snow has appeared to stop now. I took my snow shovel out and tried to clean off the walk and part of the drive and some over to the mailbox. The mailman had to walk through the yard to bring my box to the front door yesterday. If he has anything today that has to come to the front door, he won't have to walk through so much snow.

The batteries had gone out in my furnace thermostat this morning  and I was out of double A batteries and the thermostat was not going to work without them. I hunted around for something that had double A batteries in it and remembered the little lamps I had bought for the top of my desk. Sure enough the lamps had double A batteries in them so I used two of them to get the thermostat to work ....so I have heat. Great!

More later...

It's 1:26PM now and I have been reading since I shoveled the snow. I  am starting another book. By the way, the phone chirped again while I was reading and when I checked, there were no new messages or text. Darn phone is mystery to me.

I read awhile and then decided to go out to Dollar General and buy three things I need and can't get at the market.....wet swiffers to mop with, almond milk, and batteries to replace those I took out of the lamp this morning to use in the furnace thermostat.   

I would have stopped at Mr. G's again and bought another small butter pecan flurry but...they were closed. Darn!

I drove very slow and was very careful how I put my feet down when I got there. Everything is very slick. I guess I will get back to my book now. It's 2:30PM in the afternoon now.

It's nearly 6:00PM now and in another hour or so I will take my bath and get my p.j.s on. In the meantime,I will read some more.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM ...

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So glad you got your heat working. It wouldn’t take long for the temperature to fall really low in your house.

Margie's Musings said...

You're right! It's 17 degrees here now at 2:30PM in the afternoon.

Jennifer Davison said...


I can't't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586