Thursday, January 6, 2022

Thursday and Laundry and Cleaning

I slept fairly well last night. I was up at my usual 5:00AM. I have been working on my e-mail ever since. I also started some laundry.

My laundry just went off in the washer so I will get it into the dryer before I get back to this.

O.K. That's done.

I will vacuum two rooms this morning. Then tomorrow I will vacuum the rest. That way the vacuum sweeper won't shut down. It can't handle all the fuzzy nap from the new carpet. 

I just finished my breakfast and am working on my coffee now. 

It's 16 degrees outside now and it even feels cold here in the apartment. Winter is here..that's for sure.

I will go turn on the "weather on the 8's" and see what the forecast is and check on the cats. I seriously doubt that they are out there as cold as it is.

Back to this in a few minutes.

Both cats were out there and it had snowed a little. I just opened the garage door and set their food down behind my car. I will try this and see how it works. I didn't want to try to walk out there where it's slick and I didn't want them out there to eat in 16 degree weather. It's 6:47AM now. It's supposed to be 13 degrees tomorrow.

I knew that was a mistake. The only way I could get Blondie out of the garage was to start the car up. He ran out then and I put the door back down.

It's a shame there isn't some kind of shelter for those poor cats.

More even later...

I saw on the weather channel that Nashville area is supposed to have snow today and in fact are on a winter storm warning. I texted Scott and he said it hadn't begun yet but it is forecast. He has sold his truck and he has ordered a new Jeep. It won't be in until February. They will rent a car for him until he gets it. That's what Ginger did when she ordered her new car. She is on her way home from work and they are meeting at Keller's for breakfast. I told him to be careful out there. I don't want to lose a child or a daughter in law ( or even a son-in-law, John)  before I go.

More later. The clothing in the dryer got dry and I just folded it and put it away. 

It's 7:37AM and I should start the vacuuming. I will get back to this later.

I got the vacuuming done of two rooms. I will do the other two tomorrow and even though I mopped earlier in the week, I may mop again tomorrow.

It's 9:00AM now and I just watched the CBS news special about the riot last January 6th. I had watched that on TV last year. It was awful!! Violence of that sort is never justified.

More later...I will go read for awhile. 

I haven't had my car out of the garage at all today.

Suzanne called me this afternoon and we talked quite a while. I don't see as much of her since she and Steve sold the duplex.

I stopped reading and worked on the puzzle I started yesterday and finished it.

It was a doozy alright. Carol,my niece sent me a box of the puzzles her husband and she worked .

May be an image of table 

It is 6:10PM now and I think I will take my bath and read awhile longer. I plan to go to bed between 9:00PM and 10:00PM. 

2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Yes, please be careful walking out past the garage. Maybe a rubber mat or piece of cardboard to feed the neighborhood kitties will keep them warm enough to eat. I couldn't handle watching the riot footage again. Hope they have a different plan in place should it be attempted again. Yea, I didn't like the thought of a DIL getting mild covid symptoms; even vaxxed but not yet boosted, spooked me too, into worrying about losing grown kids before we exit ourselves. Stay warm. Don't wear out your new carpet vacuuming it! Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

Linda, I only vacuum once a week. Usually Thursdays. That certainly wont wear it out.