Sunday, January 2, 2022

Sunday and Church

Once again, I slept very well and didn't wake up once all night. I went to bed at 10:00PM and that must be the trick. There was nothing I was interested in on TV so I worked that second puzzle all afternoon. 

I have finished my breakfast and will soon go check on "the weather on the 8's" and the cats. I see it's 12 degrees out there this morning and cloudy. That's the coldest day this year so far.  The furnace is running off and on all morning. I dread getting out but don't want to miss church at 11:00AM. We have been foregoing church school classes since the pandemic. And now the omicron variant infects some who are fully vaccinated like Scott. And he had had his booster shot too. There's no getting through this mess until everyone gets fully vaccinated and some people are so ignorant they won't get vaccinated.

Of course his only lasted about 4 days and then he was fine. Thank goodness! And Keith still has shingles but he is living with it until it clears up. He has taken all his meds and had had both shingles shots too. Strange.....

I'll go watch the weather now and check on the cats too. Only Blondie came for breakfast and I could understand why. It was 12 degrees out there. After he ate I put away the food. Scruff never came.

I turned of the TV and read until time to leave for church. It's 9:47AM now   and I should leave for church now.

More later.... 

Karan had a very good sermon today. We had several missing because of the snow and ice but she still had a nice sermon. I sent out the leftover bulletins and a short letter to those who weren't there so they would have the announcements. They will go out in tomorrow's mail. Johnna will speak next Sunday. Melissa will speak the following Sunday and Leslie speaks on the following one. I speak the last Sunday of the month. My theme is "Speak Truth to Power".

When I got home, I went to the Caney Market and bought what I needed in frozen dinners. I still like to eat out on Tuesdays and Thursdays or Fridays and of course...on Sundays. 

More later..I will go read now.

I have read for quite awhile and now I am going to watch the Mission Center service. I am recording the 60 Minutes program. 

I watched the program and Vivian did a good job.

I just took my bath. Now I am going to read again. It's 7:17PM now and I would like to read until 10:00PM  and then go to bed.

I checked on Scruff this evening and she never came at all today. Blondie was here this morning but I didn't see him this evening either. It's 23 degrees out there and that may have something to do with it.

I believe Scruff is pregnant and if she is and has had kittens, this is a terrible time to be trying to keep several kittens warm as well as herself.

I hope I am wrong and she has just gained some weight

 

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I don't want this Omicron variant, but I am starting to wonder if any of us can even avoid it. I was wanting to start getting out more once the gas bubble in my surgery eye went away. It was gone yesterday when I woke up. That made my New Year happy! It had stayed in my eye since October 29 before finally dissolving. I am going to need new glasses and a thicker lens for that eye before I will feel safe driving again, but I thought I would be able to get out and about with my husband driving once that bubble was gone (it was causing me balance issues and sometimes nausea). Now I don't know if I want to get out and about again until this Omicron settles down. My husband has been doing the shopping, but now I am worrying about him being exposed, even though we have had our shots and been boosted. Omicron seems to be affecting a lot of people who have had all of their shots.

We have a thin glaze of ice on the road and car here it looks like from the front door. My daughter and son in law were having a first birthday party for our little new Grand daughter at a restaurant today. My husband and I were not going because of all the little unvaccinated children that were going to be there, plus we haven't been dining in any restaurant while all of this is Covid has been going on. I don't think the sickness or weather will affect the number of people at the party, because most of the guests have little kids and live near the restaurant which is farther away for us. I sure do hate missing her First Birthday celebration, though.

Happy New Year to you!

Margie's Musings said...

I refuse to completely stay away from everyone. I always wear a face mask when I am out near any crowds. That is the best protection against spreading it to others or even receiving it from unvaccinated folks.

Jennifer Davison said...


can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586