Friday, February 11, 2022

Friday and Finish Vacuuming

I went to bed at my usual 9:00 PM last night and was awakened at 3:00AM by a friend texting me her concerns about her son's marriage. I texted her back that it was 3:00AM and there was nothing to be done until morning and they would need marriage counseling even then.  The woman and their baby have already moved back in with her parents. I appreciate that marriage can be difficult sometimes especially with a baby but unless young people are willing to work at it, it can often be impossible..No one can quick "fix" it for them unless the young people themselves are willing to work at it. My friend did the same thing last week except it was 10:30PM instead of 3:00AM. I was married 57 years to my Bob and we had our problems off and on as most married people do but were determined to stay together and work it out....and we did.

I finally just got up at 4:00AM. Sleep was impossible by then. I just hoped she didn't have a group text and hadn't awakened the entire congregation at 3:00AM. 

It's 5:20AM now and I have just finished my breakfast. The desktop computer says it is 41 degrees and clear. I am glad to see the snow is nearly gone.

More later...

It's 6:00AM now and I will go turn on the TV and watch "the weather on the 8's". and later at 6:30AM I will check to see if the cats are out there for their breakfast.  

Only Scruff came for her breakfast this morning.After she ate and  left I put away the cat food dish in the garage. Then I read until noon. I went up to Independence and went to their Walmart store to see if they had any more Chai Latte. They had two boxes and I bought both of them. 

Coffeyville's Walmart store didn't have any more. I checked when I was there  on Wednesday. While I was in Independence I went to their Dairy Queen and bought a small blizzard. That was my lunch today.

It's 1:10PM now. I see the desktop computer has the temperature at 42 degrees and clear. It was beginning to rain in Independence as I was leaving. The sun is shining here in Caney.

As I pulled into the driveway, a young man who looked familiar to me came over to speak to me. It was Pablo, the young man who lived in the other side of the duplex before Brandon moved in. He and his girlfriend had their baby and he showed me pictures on his phone of the little boy. He was as cute as he could be. He looked a lot like Pablo. Pablo was obviously crazy about the boy. The boy is just a little over a year old now. I think he was born in February last year. 

Well, I will get back to my book now. 

More later... I never did finish my vacuuming. I will do that after I read awhile.

I was reading up on the care of mums and it said to cut them back three to four inches after a couple of hard freezes and then mulch them to protect them during the winter. So I cut them back and when I get rested up, I will put some more mulch on them. I have some in the garage.I hope they come back in the spring. They were lovely this fall.

I will read some more and rest from all that cutting back of the mums. When I get rested up I will go back out and mulch them.

Then eventually, I will finish my vacuuming. 

I got my flowerbed mulched and hopefully that will protect my mums so they will bloom next fall. I got as many leaves out of the flowerbed as possible too. When the weather is nicer, I will rake again the back yard and clean them up from around the bottom of the fence in the back yard. I gave my hands a good scrubbing after I finished with that flowerbed.

 May be an image of outdoors

 

More later..I will read some more and then after I rest up, I will vacuum. 

 May be an image of outdoors 

I got part of the backyard raked and bagged. Next time it's nice out I will do more.

 May be an image of outdoors and brick wall 

The part next to the house is what I got raked and bagged. The next nice day I will do more.

May be an image of grass 

I ended up getting the entire back yard done and it looks pretty good too. And I got some good exercise!!

Now it's time for the CBS evening news so I will get back to this later....

I finished vacuuming the living room. I will do the dining room rug tomorrow morning.

It's 6:40PM now and in about 20 minutes I will take my bath and read until bedtime at 9:00PM. I notice the desktop computer days it's 49 degrees and clear. That's pretty good for February! I wonder how long it will last.

3 comments:

P2P said...

Margie -- does your phone have a do not disturb option? If so, turn it on when you go to bed so that texts and such don't interrupt your sleep. Alternately, turn the sound to off or as low as it will go so that you won't hear it. Wishing you the best!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you P2P. My phone is very old and doesn't have the options the newer ones have. Thanks for the tip though.

Galla Creek said...

Your yard looks like a pro cleaned it.