Monday, February 7, 2022

Monday and Laundry

I got up later then usual and hadn't had breakfast yet since I was doing laundry, changing sheets and getting myself ready for the day. I got a text from Kelly and he wants to meet me for breakfast this morning at Eggbert's at 7:30AM so I am going to do that and will be back after I visit with him and eat breakfast there.

Kelly and I visited until 10:00AM and then he left and so did I and I came on back home to finish folding out my laundry. We had quite a breakfast. I had an omelet and he had oatmeal. He told me his stories about his new job and about his various experiences with Gene.  We had a nice visit and we will do it again some time.

I got my laundry folded out and put away. 

I will need to go to the Dollar General Store this morning to buy floss. I have gone through the ones Ginger gave me at Thanksgiving. I had come away to their house without my dental floss and she had several so she gave me several.  It has taken me all this time to use it up.

Before I left to meet Kelly, I saw Scruff outside my front door. I don't know what she had been eating the past week or even where. She looked a lot thinner and I brought her food out and laid it out by the front door as usual and she dug in like she hadn't eaten in a week....and maybe she hadn't. The plastic water dish has been gone for several days. I have no idea where it is but I will find another one and give her some water to drink. Of course, she has probably been drinking water from the snow.

It's a little after noon now and I have one more serving of chili to eat for lunch. I guess I will have it. I tried to reach this site a little while ago and even though I had a signal, it wouldn't connect to this site The laptop still won't....for some strange reason. It connects but offers no option  to update.  This computer had the same problem but it does show the update option now. 

Weird!! If I had to guess I 'd say it is Cox. It's strange this one can connect and offer options but the laptop no longer can. I will run Glary Utilities on it and see if they can fix it. Other wise, I will have to call Cox.

Glary Utilities evidently fixed the problem on the laptop. It now has the same options as the desktop  computer.  

That's good. I usually use it. I don't know why. It has Windows 7 on it and the desktop computer has Windows 10.

I finally went out to Dollar General and got a birthday card for Cheyenne and toothpaste and floss. That's all I needed but I really needed it. I used the last of the toothpaste this morning and the floss is nearly gone too.

I worked on my talk for next Sunday evening and also the one for the first Sunday in March...the 6th, I think it is. I got them both roughed out. I will go out to Leslie's tomorrow afternoon after I get back from Bartlesville to take Nancy to lunch and visit her... and Leslie will record my next Sunday evening's talk and send it on to Lori to use for next Sunday evening's worship and communion service.

 More even later...

I read until about 7:00PM and then I took my bath and put my pajamas on. I will read some more until 9:00PM when I intend to go to bed.

2 comments:

Suemn said...

Poor Scruff! I am glad she has returned to you.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too. I was so worried about her. It had been days since I saw her, Suemn.