Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Tuesday and A Visit With Nancy

I slept pretty well last night and was up at 5:00AM, as usual. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will go to Bartlesville this morning to visit Nancy at 10:00 AM and take her out to lunch at noon. We may go to that Italian restaurant that Leslie and I ate at last month. 

Then I will come back home and go out to Leslie's and she will record and video my Sunday evening talk for the Mission Center.

Right now I am having my breakfast. In a little bit I will turn on the TV and watch "the weather on the 8's" and will check to see if Scruff is out there waiting for her breakfast too. I haven't seen Blondie lately either but he does have a home. I imagine they have been keeping him in during this cold weather. It's 33 degrees and clear this morning according to my desktop computer. It's only 6:00AM now.

Scruff came to eat about 6:30AM  and while she was eating, Blondie came too. He had not been here even as much as Scruff had. I fed them both and when they were finished, I put the bowl back in the garage.

I have been watching the CBS morning news. According to my desktop computer, it's still 33  degrees and clear, I assume that's correct. It's supposed to get up to 66 degrees today some time.

It's 9:15AM now and  am leaving to go visit Nancy. I will also take her out to lunch. When I get back home, I will go out to Leslie's to get that Sunday evening talk videoed.

 More even later...


I got Nancy visited and then we went to lunch at Luigi's Italian Restaurant in their new location at 1407  SE Washington Blvd. It's a beautiful location in their new building. It was very good. We had Lasagna and it was very good. I brought half of mine home for tomorrow. So did Nancy. It was a lot of food and served with hot rolls and salad!   I had iced tea to drink and Nancy (as usual) had coffee. We took a long drive afterward to get her out out of assisted living. She really enjoyed it.  Next week I will bring her back to Caney so she can see what they have done with the Blackledge building.

On the way back home, my cruise control went out. After I went out to Leslie's and she recorded my Sunday evening talk and we went to see the puppies, I stopped by Main Street Repair and had Matt give me an estimate on the repair. If it turns out to be connected with the brake light fuse, it will be $67.00  to have it fixed. If it is in the cruise control switch itself, it will be almost $200. But I really need cruise control so if it can be fixed I will bite the bullet and have it done. It's a 2008 Honda Civic and I have to expect repairs from time to time/

It is 5:25PM now and I will see what the evening CBS news has to say.

I will also check to see if any cats are out there for their supper.  

More even later....

I watched the CBS evening news but there was nothing I was interested in so I took my bath and put my pajamas on and read some more until I finished the book.

I opened the kitchen cabinet door to get a cup out and that door did the same thing the one in the bathroom did..the top hinge came right out of the cabinet...wood and all. I was shocked and knew I couldn't get it screwed back in. It was too high to reach even with the step stool. I will ask Stephen to come screw it in the next time he is here. John screwed the screw back in the hinge and the cabinet that day the one in the bathroom did the same thing but he was determined to believe that I had pulled it out. I just opened the door and it came out..just like the one in the kitchen did tonight.  So I will wait until the weekend when he and his wife might come back here and ask him to fix it.

I will read on another book until 9:00PM when I will go to bed.

No comments: