Thursday, February 10, 2022

Thursday and Vacuuming

I slept pretty well last night and was up at 5:30AM as usual. I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day, I will vacuum the bed room and hall and den this morning and then clean up the vacuum sweeper and then probably read. I downloaded another book last evening. I didn't charge the Kindle overnight so I may not be able to read all morning.

As usual I am having my breakfast here in the den while I blog. I will be so glad when Coffeyville's senior center starts having Bunco again and game day. I miss the fellowship and since Suzanne sold the duplex, I see very little of her any more and what time she does have she usually spends with her sister in Bartlesville and of course Nancy is now in assisted living in Bartlesville.  I have pretty much outlived everyone I knew in Caney between 1969 and 1981 or they have moved away. Both dentists I worked for here are gone now and Blackledge Furniture Store has been closed for years too. Getting old is not for sissies but it's better then  the alternative.

Thank goodness for church!! 

I guess I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and check to see if the cats are out there.It is 6:30AM now and if they come for their breakfast it is usually about this time.

It's 38 degrees and mostly clear this morning.

So far..no cats. 

And at 8:16AM..still no cats... I'd better start my vacuuming.

I got the bedroom, hall and den vacuumed. Tomorrow I will do the living room and dining room. I also mopped. I cleaned up the sweeper and put it away until tomorrow. Pushing that sweeper on that plush carpet wears me out.

I guess I will read now until I have to charge the Kindle. It is 9:00AM, 40 degrees and sunny !  

It's 11:18AM and 40 degrees still and again..sunny. I went out back and filled the birdbath with water for the birds. It's mostly been ice lately.

I want to wait to do lunch until the mail comes ...usually between 11:30AM and 12:00AM. I haven't decided where to eat yet but I'd like to sit down in a booth to eat.

I went to eat lunch at Eggbert's and had a hamburger and french fries and iced tea. 

Then I read all afternoon until 5:30PM. I will watch the CBS news now and plan to take my bath at 7:00PM as usual. I downloaded two more books from Amazon and plugged in the Kindle to charge it for awhile. If it is charged enough by More even later..7:30PM or so, I will start a new book before I go to bed at 9:00PM.

Scruff came for supper and so far I haven't seen Blondie. She is eating now. He may join her later.

More even later.

 


4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I hope your day is fruitful. My days are very mundane.

Margie's Musings said...

Mine are too. Too much going at home and no distractions except reading. TV is generally terrible.

Suemn said...

Hi Margie, would anyone that you used to meet at the Senior Center for Bunco when it was opened be interested in going out to lunch with you or just visiting with each other? Maybe someone at your church would like to do the same even though you do go out to eat often following the church service. Could be that one of your friends at church would be interested to do the same one day a week.

Margie's Musings said...

My brother-in-law and I used to do that every Wednesday morning for breakfast but he died in February last year. I visit Marilyn when I play games or Bunco because I take her my leftover treats. But she has a terrible back problem and will be having surgery for it in March. She can barely move now. She spends her days on the sofa or in bed.