Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Wednesday and Hairdo Day

I went to sleep about 9:00PM last night. I slept fairly well with a few interruptions.  

Last night I was concerned about the kitchen cabinet door which had come loose at the top hinge just like that one in the bathroom had done a couple of months ago. I looked at the other kitchen cabinet doors this morning and found two more in the same shape. I will have my landlord look at those too and see if he can screw them back in.

It's 6:35AM and I have finished my breakfast now and am working on my coffee. Soon I will go check out "the weather on the 8's"and see if the cats are out there for their breakfast.

I see it is 32 degrees out there and clear.  

Both Scruff and Blondie came for breakfast. At first it was just Scruff but soon Blondie joined her and they are still eating out there.

I went out to Leslie's yesterday afternoon so she could record my Sunday evening sermon. Afterward we went out to see the puppies. They are so cute!! They are almost three weeks old now. I believe they will be three weeks old on Saturday..maybe Sunday. Kiki is such a good mother! And these puppies are registered Corgis.

How about that! My landlord texted me that he could come put those hinges back together right away. It seems he reads my blog too. That worked out well. He came right over and screwed them all in. They were all loose from over time.

I will be leaving at 8:30AM for Coffeyville to get my hair done. My appointment is at 9:30AM but if I get there early, she will take me in early. 

I texted Karan to see if there were any games at the senior center today. She said they were open again. Janet must have completed her quarantine since her dad had Covid. 

More later...

The desktop computer froze this morning and I had to give it a cold reboot to get it working again. It took awhile. I think I will run  Glary utilities and see if that will take care of it.

Strange..Glary Utilities was no longer on the desktop computer so I downloaded the latest free program and am running it now. I see they have found some problems and are working on fixing them. It seems to be taking a lot of time on "disk repair" so that might have been the biggest problem. But it's moving right along now. O.K. once it got through disk repair, it didn't take long to finish. I have used Glary Utilities since the late 90's when I was taking PC World magazine and they highly recommended it. It's free and takes care of many PC problems...including the one I had this morning with the desktop computer.

More later..it's nearly time for me to leave for Coffeyville and my appointment.

After I got my hair done, I went out to Walmart and bought some things I can't get at our grocery store...grape flavored water, Walmart brand oatmeal in a variety of flavors, and bubble bath. 

Then I came on home.

I will heat up the rest of my dinner left from yesterday for my lunch today. There should be plenty for that. That was a huge serving. Neither Nancy or I could eat it all. We both took half of it home.

More later...I read for a couple of hours and then charged the Kindle again.

At noon, I heated up the lasagna and had that for my lunch along with a bowl of ice cream for dessert.

I backed the car out of the garage and swept out the garage. I put some kitty litter on an oil spot I noticed where the car had been setting. The garage really needs hosing out but I won't do that right now. I really need to go into the garage and throw away a dozen or two boxes I have saved over the years. Then I could hose out the garage and clean it up well. After Spring is here and it warms up, I will do that. I don't need all those boxes anyhow. I seldom send anything through the mail.

More later... 

Scruff came for her supper but Blondie was probably in the house of his owner ...who knows. He just didn't show up for his supper.

Anyhow, I ate a banana and took my bath at 7:00PM and put my pajamas on and then read until 8:30PM. It's 8:38PM now and I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

So good night!

No comments: