Sunday, February 6, 2022

Sunday and Church in Our Building.

I slept pretty well until 4:00AM  and then I started thinking and could not seem to turn off my mind. Finally close to 5:00AM, I just got up and dressed. I am ready for church now. I don't know how many will be there.The pandemic is still going on and many are fearful of that and then there's the remainder of the snow. We had 4 to 5 inches of it...maybe more.  It is a lot melted after two days of sunshine but there is still snow out there and some are fearful of driving in even a little. Not me. I am just careful and drive carefully. Someone needs to shovel the church walk too. I hope Kelly or John can get that done. If not, I will do it. I did my own yesterday. Since Kelly has a maintenance job now, I am not sure he will remember it's a part of his responsibility.

We haven't had church in our building since the middle of January.

I am having my breakfast now. It is 5:45AM and chilly in here. I sleep better in a cool room and I haven't turned up the furnace yet.

I will leave for church at 10:00AM since I have a ways to drive. I want to be there early enough to be sure the building is clean and neat regardless of how many make the effort to come.

I am still wearing sweaters to stay warm. And I am also wearing a jacket everywhere I go.

I will go check out "the weather on the 8's" and sometime after that I will check to see if either cat has braved the temperature for their breakfast. I doubt it. It's 28 degrees and clear out there today.


It's 8:01AM and I have been reading again. Three times I have checked to see if the cats are out there waiting for their breakfast ...but they haven't been there. I have a bad feeling they are gone...how, I don't know, but it's been a few days and unless someone else is feeding them (and I doubt that) they are gone.

 It's still 28 degrees and clear here. It''s supposed to get up to 47 degrees later today.

 More even later...

I got to the church in time to clean and scrape the snow off the walk but Leslie had already done the cleaning and John had scraped the snow. I had plenty of time so I decided to go in town and to the bank. I drove in to the bank but the outdoor debit card place was frozen solid and would not accept my card. Another car pulled in after I left and it wouldn't accept his card either. I didn't have time to go to the other two locations since they were on the other side of town. So I just drove back out to the church. Two thirds of the congregation were there for church. I was so glad. 

We went Independence afterward and ate at their El Peublito, Then I came on back home. I read part of the afternoon but then decided to work on next Sunday's talk for the Mission Center. I did that most of the afternoon.

Then I checked to see if either of the cats were out there for their  supper...neither were....again

It's almost 5:30PM now and the temperature is 43 degrees and sunny.  If the weather clears up I will get my car washed this week.It is filthy from the snow and ice. It's nearly time for the Mission Center service at 6:00PM now.

It's almost 7:00PM now. I am recording Sixty Minutes this evening. At 7:15PM I will take my bath and get ready for bed and watch Sixty Minutes afterward.

More later...

It's 7:45PM now and I will go watch 60 Minutes and then read until my bedtime at 9:00PM. I see it's  35 degrees now and clear.

No comments: