Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Tuesday And A Failed Visit To Nancy

I slept pretty well last night and wasn't up in the night at all. I did wake up about 3:00AM but I got back to sleep. I got up at 4:45AM, made my bed and got dressed for the day.

I am having my breakfast now. In a little while I will go check out the weather and see if the cats are out there for their breakfast. I also need to put the trash out to the curb.  I usually do that the night before on Monday evening but I forgot yesterday evening. It's only 5:33AM now.

When it begins to get light I will get it done. I want to take my Timex watch to a jeweler in Bartlesville and see if they can move it up an hour.

I have a busy day tomorrow. I have my hair appointment at 9:00AM, a doctor's appointment at Dr. Christensen's at 10:30AM after that for my regular yearly check up, and Bunco after noon at 1:00PM until 3:00PM and then I will go by Marilyn's and take her my leftover treats and have a visit too.

I took the trash container out to the curb. I didn't want to forget to do that.

Now I will go check out the weather.

Weird...again Cox is having trouble with their signal. In order to access the weather channel, I had to put in just the last two digits of their HD number. After I watched that, I went back to 2006 to watch the news. Soon even that had to be accessed with just the last two digits of their channel number 06. I don't know what their problem is but I am certainly sick of it. It's always something! I wish they would get their act together. They certainly charge enough!

Only Scruff was out there for her breakfast. She ate quite a bit and then left. I took the bowl back in the garage and covered it when she was finished.

More even later...

I went down to see Nancy but they told me she was not there but they wouldn't tell me where she was. When I got back to the car, I called Dale, her cousin. He told me she was in the hospital because of chest pains yesterday and had to stay overnight. She had had chest pains before but nothing could be found to cause them. She is to be released this afternoon sometime.  I decided not to stay because I had no idea when she would be released.

I went to a jewelry store in downtown Bartlesville and the jeweler there was able to set my watch to the correct date and time. They wouldn't charge me anything. When I got back to Caney, I went to the drug store here and bought some new hearing aid batteries. Then I noticed I had got a call from Walgreens that I had missed.

I called them back and they said they had my thyroid meds filled. I hadn't yet called them to get my meds refilled but I guessed Dr. Christensen's office must have called them. So I called Coffeyville's Medicine Shoppe to see if they had been called to refill my blood pressure meds and they refilled them too. I will pick those up tomorrow when I go to Coffeyville. Then I had lunch from the senior menu at Eggbert's and after that I drove on up to Independence and got the thyroid meds and a Dairy Queen blizzard for my dessert. They overfilled my cup there and some of it dropped on my seat upholstery. I had some scotch guard auto upholstery cleaner and I got that out when I got home and cleaned that spill up. It appears to have taken the stain out since it hadn't set long. When it dries, I'll take another look at it and see if it needs some additional help. If it does, I will do it again.

I guess I will read again. I have nothing new going on.  

So more even later....

I read for an hour and the watched a lecture from "Beyond the Walls" in Toronto Canada. The name of this lecture is "Aquinas' Proofs of God" It's 7:16PM now and I will take my bath and then read until time to go to bed at 9:00PM


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Hope Nancyis better and you get to see her next week.