Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Wednesday and Bunco

I slept well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will  go over to Coffeyville to get my hair done at 9:00AM and after that, I will have my doctor's appointment at 10:30AM Then I will read my Kindle until 1:00PM when I go to the senior center for Bunco. After 3:00PM, when that is over, I will go out to Marilyn's and take her my leftover treats and have a visit. I should be back home by 4:30PM or 5:00PM.  That will be my day.

Today is supposed to be sunny and tomorrow we are forecast for thunderstorms. At least that was yesterday's forecast. I will check today's in a little while. I wonder if Cox got our HD signal fixed overnight. I guess I will find out in a little bit. It was down all day yesterday.

At first only Scruff came for breakfast. After awhile, Blondie joined her but he didn't stay and eat for long. After awhile, Scruff left too so I took the food into the garage and covered it. 

The weather forecast has changed a bit. This is Kansas so  should have expected it.

Today's is still partly cloudy and 77 degrees, Tomorrow (Thursday) is 77 degrees and mostly cloudy, Friday is 53 degrees and wind and rain, Saturday is 69 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is 74 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is 64 degrees and rain, Tuesday is 65 degrees and rain showers. So it looks like some rain in the next week.The first day of Spring is Sunday and my allergies are already going crazy.

More later..

I got over to Coffeyville  little  before 9:00AM so I stopped at Sonic and bought a medium cherry limeade slush. Then I went to a car wash and washed my car and ran thru the dryer. I had cleaned part of the front seat upholstery yesterday and that spot appeared to be gone so I didn't have to do it over. 

I got my hair done after that. Then I stopped by the Medicine Shoppe and picked up my blood pressure meds. And even later I went to my doctor's appointment at 10:30AM. I didn't get out of there until almost 11:30AM since the place was packed. I did get my blood work done this time. He will check my thyroid numbers. I have another appointment in September. He likes to see me twice a year.

After that, I went out to the antique mall and browsed around. I didn't buy anything. I was just looking. 

Then I went up to the senior center and sat in the car and read my Kindle. It is charging again now. 

I played Bunco with seven others. We had a good time and lots of nice treats. I sent my leftover treats home with Marilyn. She came to Bunco for the first time in more then a year. She recently had back surgery and her back is a little better now.

Then I came back home and stopped at Sonic here and got the kids Wacky Pack for my supper. It costs me $2.18 on Wednesdays and it's chicken strips, french fries and a small drink.

I called Cox when I got to the apartment. While I was over at Coffeyville, I got a phone call from a woman with a very thick accent who asked me if I was home with my computer. She told me she was with Cox. I told her I was out of town ...which was true. She asked if she could call me back when I got home and she said it was about an upgrade on my computer security. I asked her if there was to be an additional charge for an upgrade and she hung up. I told Cox about it and they looked up my account and said there there was no sign of a problem or a needed upgrade on my account. It was just as I thought. Another spam call.The thick accent was a dead giveaway. I blocked the number and deleted it.

I got my new Fitnus watch today but no matter what I did, it won't connect to my phone. I followed the directions exactly and it did charge and that shows on the watch but because I can't get it to connect to my phone, the time,day of the week and even the month and dates are wrong. I even called Leslie to see what I could be doing wrong and I did exactly what she said to do too but it would not connect to the phone. Luckily I have the one Leslie gave me that does give me the day of the week, the date as well as the time.

More Later...

It's almost 7:00PM and I guess I will take my bath and put my Pajamas on and read again. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM this evening even though I read until 10:00PM last night.


 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So many crooks.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I keep getting calls from someone claiming to be from a police association of some sort asking for donations. The same person called three times today. The first two times I just said,I'm sorry we can't donate anything,and hung up. Right now I am going through some very depressed days and don't have any sass left in me at this time. The third time the guy called, I thought maybe it was just a recording, and kept saying "hello, is this a recording or a real person I'm talking to?" He stopped his spiel long enough to say it was a person, and then I asked him to stop disturbing me with all of these phone calls in one day. I'm always going to say no, please take us off your call list. He went back to jabbering his pitch and I hung up. Wait till he calls again once I get my sass back.

Our little 17 year old Fuzzy Pomeranian had a stroke in the evening a few days ago and we had to have him euthanized that morning. I am still feeling downhearted about it many times throughout each day.