Friday, April 15, 2022

Friday and Working in the Yard

I slept fairly well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM and made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am only having my Chai Latte this morning since Kelly and I are having breakfast at Eggbert's at 7:30AM.  We have done that every once in awhile since he has Fridays off work. I used to have breakfast every Wednesday at Coffeyville's Eggbert's with Bob Avery when he was still alive. I sure miss my long term husband who died in 2010 after 57 years of marriage and my brother-in- law, who died in February of last year. He was married to my sister for 63 years. He lost her in 2012. I guess you never get past missing those you are close to.

It's 5:50AM and I see it's 50 degrees out there this morning. Perhaps Spring is here after all. We can only hope.

After breakfast sometime I will go buy some cookies to take to church on Sunday. Phyllis and Karan will also bring theirs to church on Sunday and then on Tuesday at 9:00AM I will take them up to Independence to the First Christian church where they serve a free supper every Tuesday evening. For 7 1/2 years we used to take cakes to them every Tuesday when they served 200 but the pandemic has slowed that down to 55 so now they serve store bought cookies for dessert. After I give them the cookies, I will go down to Bartlesville to visit with Nancy and take her to lunch.

My son, Keith, called yesterday evening. He and Esther plan to come visit me and Leslie and John over the Memorial Day holiday weekend in May. I am really looking forward to that. His wife, Esther, texts me every morning about 10:30AM my time. They live in Phoenix so their time is different from ours. She says if she doesn't hear back from me within 30 minutes, she will call Leslie. She is a real sweetheart. She knows I live alone and if anything happened to me, no one would know. However I carry my phone with me at all times. That's my insurance that I could call Leslie and 911.

More later... I will go check "the weather on the 8's" and the cat situation.

I've checked several times but have seen no cats yet. Strange.... However I did get the weather forecast. Today will be 79 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday will be 66 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Easter Sunday is forecast for 55 degrees and rain, Monday is to be 62 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 66 degrees and mostly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 70 degrees and thunderstorms and wind.and Thursday is forecast to be 74 degrees and partly cloudy. Sunday and Wednesday look like the worst weather.

I will go check once more for the cats. So more later...It's 7:07AM and I am to meet Kelly at 7:30AM this morning for our breakfast.

No cats ever came for their breakfast. 

Kelly and I spent an hour and a half chatting over breakfast. Then I went to the Caney market and bought three boxes of cookies for the dessert at the First Christian Church dinner Tuesday evening. Then I came back home and did some weeding. I need to trim at the hedge now.

I trimmed on the hedge some and did the best I could to get the leaves out from under it. I have half a notion to hook up my leaf vacuum and try to vacuum them up out from under there.. 

I worked on another puzzle for awhile before beginning another book.

It's 2:20PM and I have been reading ever since I worked on the puzzle.

I never did see Scruff today... but I did see Blondie but he didn't come for lunch. He just drank some fresh water I had put out. It's been a couple of days since I have seen Scruff. I wonder if she has had her kittens. Or maybe someone has caught her and taken her to the country and left her. I hope not.

About 2:00PM, I raked the leaves up in the back yard and bagged them. Stephen spread Weed and Feed on our yards yesterday. I hope it does some good.

More even later...

I just had my bath. I am very tired today and I never did get the dusting done but I will do it tomorrow. I worked in the yard instead. I trimmed the hedge and raked the back yard and scooped up the leaves there and put them in a black yard bag. I also watered the plants. They seem to be doing very well.

Tomorrow afternoon Krystal is supposed to mow my yard. I need to check and make sure I have $25.00 for her. I am almost sure I have it. 

Yes,I just checked and I do have it. I always put it in an envelope for her with her name on it. She has taken on the mowing. I used to have the girls do it because they were saving for I phones. After they got those, Krystal took over the mowing. She does a very nice job too. She spends the money she makes on the girls. She buys them refreshments at their games. They are  a very nice family. Krystal works at  the Bartlesville post office and also works after work at the Pizza Hut here in Caney part time.

It's after 7:00PM now and I am tired of reading and tired of working on the latest puzzle. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual. I have been up since before 5:00AM.




  

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Esther is a thoughtful daughter in law.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes,she is! She is excellent!!!