Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Tuesday and Lunch With Nancy

I slept very well last night and didn't even get up until 5:45AM.  I am having my breakfast here in the den now. I will go down to Bartlesville and take Nancy out to lunch but first I will stop at US cellular and see why my incoming texts are not obvious when I open the phone. Most of the time I can't even find them and discover who they are from. That is very irritating and certainly not the way they are meant to be accessed. Once or twice I have found them easily.

I am thinking of taking Nancy to Dink's Bar B Q again today. I'll ask what she wants to do...if she has a preference.

I didn't do laundry yesterday as I usually do on Mondays so I am doing it this morning. It's  just my underwear and towels so it's not a big load. Next Monday I will strip my bed and change the sheets again.

I just put the laundry in the dryer.. I looked out when I put the throw rug down by the front door and Blondie was there waiting for his breakfast. I didn't see Scruff. ,,at least not yet.

More later...I am going to go check the weather forecast.

Today is to be 81degrees and isolated thunder storms, Wednesday's is 58 degrees and thunderstorms, Thursday's is 67 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday's is 78 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is 64 degrees and mostly cloudy, Sunday is 66 degrees and clouds, Monday's is 61 degrees and partly cloudy.

Scruff never did come for her breakfast .  I finally put the cat food back in the garage and covered it.

I got my load of laundry dried and folded and put away. 

Then I dumped out that old gas in the can. I tried to start it with that gas in there like Leslie did but I couldn't do it. Leslie was able to use it when she mowed last week but pull as I might, I couldn't get it started. I will have to get Krystal to turn over the mower and dump it out on Saturday. I am getting new gas today.

So more even later...  

On my way down to visit Nancy, I stopped at the US Cellular store and the manager fixed my phone so the texts show up at the top of the list. Hopefully that is the end of these kinds of problems.

I went to visit Nancy next. She was, as usual, still in bed. I woke her up and told her to get dressed if we were going to eat out. First she said she didn't feel well and wanted me to go tell that to the nurse. She dozed in her chair off and on while we were waiting. I told her I thought she wasn't up to a visit and I thought I would just go back home until next week. Then she perked up. She wanted me to stay and she got dressed and was ready to go. That sleepiness and saying she didn't feel well may be an attention getting device. Anyhow she was ready in no time and I took her to Dink's. We had good lunch and couldn't eat it all. So we had it boxed and bought back to our homes.

John texted me while we were visiting and told me not to dump out that gas in the mower. He said the oil would get someplace it wasn't supposed to and it would be trouble for the mower. I agreed to tell Krystal not to do that. He said to just add the new gas to what was left in there.

Then we went to Lowe's and I bought bedding plants to fill in around my bulbs.

Nancy was very tired and found a chair to sit in while I shopped. Then I moved the car closer to the door she was sitting by and she came right out. I went to take her back to her apartment and stayed and visited with her until 3:00PM. 

She walked me out to the car and gave me a big hug. I am the only one who visits her....unfortunately. We had a good visit and a fine meal too.

I stopped and bought gas for my car on the way home and also bought some for the gas can for mowing on Saturday afternoon. Krystal will mow for me.

 Then I came back to the apartment and planted the bedding plants. I hope they don't freeze but I wanted to fill in around my bulbs. I am taking a chance, I know.

More even later... .

It's 8:00PM now and I took my bath at 7:00PM and put my pajamas on. I will read until 9:00PM or so and then go on to bed.

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

We had storms last evening here. The next few days I think there will be more. We get your weather the next day.

Margie's Musings said...

I understand.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I wonder if scruff is off having her babies today. I hope she will be alright.

Margie's Musings said...

I don't know but every time she doesn't come for a meal I wonder about that!

Galla Creek said...

So glad you visit Nancy.

DrumMajor said...

You are so kind to your friend Nancy and the roaming kitties. You probably see now, that half of the folks in facilities never have any person come visit them, and the rest very few. You are in the 3% that regularly visits a person there. That is very good for Nancy. Not sure Nancy sleeping is an attention-getting thing. She probably has to be reminded of what day it is at the facility. Not sure if she was wanting a routine med to have you fetch a nurse though. Hopefully the nurses would give you an update if you asked, although some are strict about not giving medical info to those who aren't direct family members.
After the suspected kitties arrive, you may want to check with a local vet or shelter to take in the kitties and/or see if they have a spay/neuter program where they catch them, bring them in for the procedure and release them back to the wild. Still assuming she doesn't "belong" to some human nearby, even though she's adopted you. Linda in Kansas