Thursday, April 14, 2022

Thursday and House Cleaning

 I slept poorly again last night but I was only up once in the night. I was concerned that I couldn't; seem to balance my checkbook. Finally in the middle of the night I realized what the problem was and got up and fixed it. Then I was up at 5:00AM as usual. I am having my breakfast now here in the den.

I wonder if my bedding plants made it through the night? It's too dark to tell now. It's only 6:02AM and still too dark to see out there.I imagine I was trying to rush the season.

I need to contact Cox Complete Care today and get them to look over my desktop computer. It has frozen twice now and the last time...yesterday..I wasn't sure it was going to come back up. It did a lot of updating before it finally loaded. Both computers are pretty old. The laptop was Scott's and he gave it to me when he got his Apple.

My primary concern today though is to mop and vacuum the apartment. It is Thursday...my usual cleaning day.

It's 6:10AM and I guess I will go turn on the "weather on the 8's" and see if either of the cats are out there for their breakfast. Only Blondie came for supper last evening.

It looks like the flowers in the back flower bed are hanging in there but I notice it's 32 degrees out there. I don't know how long that will be true. I hope it warms up before the cold gets my bedding plants. I knew I was rushing the season.

I haven't seen any cats yet...and it's 6:37AM.

It's 8:41AM now and I have been cleaning up both computers for awhile. I get a lot of junk e-mail and if it's just junk, I delete it.  

I never did see any cats this morning. I hope Scruff got fed somewhere.

So more later... 

I got everything mopped and vacuumed except the dining room rug. I am going to have to rest awhile. That new vacuum is pretty heavy to push around especially if I try to get it all in one period. I tire a lot easier then I did when I was young.

Leslie contacted me this morning to see if I was interested in attending the 50th anniversary of the church's John Whitmer Historical Association. I really wanted to attend when I got their notice but was hesitant about driving up there by myself clear to Independence, Missouri. She volunteered to drive if I wanted to go and she also registered both of us. I am so pleased. It is a three day conference.

I have been watching for my confirmation but so far, I don't have it. Maybe Leslie got both our confirmations since she paid for both our conferences.

I took the puzzle I just finished apart and put it back in the bag it came in. If Esther and Keith don't want it back, I could offer to send it to my niece,  Carol.

I finished vacuuming  the rug in the dining room. All I need to do now is dust. I may do that this afternoon. I usually do it on Fridays but if I recuperate from the exertion of the vacuuming, I may get it done today.

It looks like my bedding plants made it through the frost last night. It's warmed up now to 54 degrees according to the desktop computer.

More even later...

I planted the last of the Marigolds this afternoon. 

Keith called this afternoon on his way home from work and chatted with me quite awhile. They will be coming here again over the Memorial Day holiday and stay the weekend and Monday. He will leave soon for Ottawa, Canada, for a month. They think they will be leaving for Germany in June. That's the plan anyhow. It depends on what the pandemic is doing.

I fired up the mower  this afternoon and made two rounds around the front yard but was just too tired to finish. I will let Krystal do it Saturday afternoon. At least with the new fresh gas added to the older gas, I managed to start it.

Then I read most of the afternoon.

Then the First Christian Church in Independence contacted me again to see if our congregation would like to help them participate in their Tuesday evening dinners. I asked if they needed cakes again and she said "no" the are serving store bought cookies now that they are only serving 55 on Tuesday evenings. I checked with Karan and Phyllis and and they were interested in participating in that service project again. We did cakes for 200 for  them for 7 1/2 years but since the pandemic they are only serving 55. But now they are serving store bought cookies with their Tuesday evening meal. So we will take our cookies to church on Sundays and I will pick them up there and take them to the First Christian Church in Independence at 9:00am on Tuesdays. I contacted most of the congregation by text and told them about it too and asked any who would like to participate to bring their cookies to church on Sunday and I will take them to the First Christian Church  on Tuesday morning.

They will serve the next six Tuesdays and then take a break until August when they will start up again on Tuesday mornings.

It's 7:27PM now and I will take my bath now and then read some more until 9:00PM...my bedtime.


2 comments:

Kay said...

I hope you get a good nap in, Margie. I didn't sleep well last night either and feel really tired right now. My life is rather crazy for the next few months.

Margie's Musings said...

Wow! That's terrible, Kay. Although mine is getting hectic here too so I know what you mean. But if I take a nap in the daytime I don't sleep at night.