Sunday, May 22, 2022

Church and Dinner Afterwards

I slept pretty well last night. I was up at 5:00AM as usual. I am dressed and having my breakfast here in the den.

We are having that dinner at church today to honor Matthew's graduation from high school. I got my coleslaw made yesterday and it is in the frig where it has been overnight.I made it before I went over to pick up Sally last evening for supper at the Copan Restaurant.

It's 6:06AM now and since I have no TV, I can't check the weather but I will check and see if the cats are out front waiting for their breakfast. I will do that now.

So, back later...

They were both there so I took them their food.  

 May be an image of dog 

This is the latest litter of puppies at John and Leslie's. One of their blue heelers, Echo,  got in with a golden retriever so they aren't what they really wanted. But they are cute! There are five black and two speckled.

More even later... 

The cats finished their breakfasts so I put the cat food dish back in the garage and covered it.

It's 6:35AM now. I just checked the TV and it's still not receiving a signal. Cox is sending a tech tomorrow between 8:00AM and 10:00AM to try to fix it.

So more later... 

I looked up the weather on my phone and it appears it is 48 degrees now and sunny . Maybe I will get my yard mowed this afternoon after all. It's supposed to get up to 67to 70 degrees later this afternoon. It looks like rain in the forecast for Monday with a high of 64 degrees, The same for Tuesday and Wednesday..especially Tuesday..Thursday, Friday and Saturday not much chance for rain.

More even later... 

I stayed for the dinner after church and helped clean up and then came home to wait for Krystal to come mow. I texted her that I was home at 1:30PM but she didn't come and she didn't text me back either. I even tried to call her because I thought she might be mowing her own yard. No answer at all.

So I decided to try to do it myself. At first I was only able to make two full passes around the front yard. Then I decided to rest awhile and try again. I got the entire front yard mowed and trimmed and was going to go do the back yard when her husband, John, came and said she asked him to do it. She was working extra at Pizza Hut. I was going to do the back because it is small and I did get it trimmed but John finished the west side and did the back as well. I gave him $20.00 for doing the biggest part of the mowing. He was satisfied and so was I. I was pleased I was still able to do the entire front. After resting, I could have done the small back yard too but he got to it before I finished the trimming so I let him do it. It looks nice again.

 May be an image of flower and outdoors 

And this flowerbed in the back yard is looking pretty good too. It is 4:31PM now and I am tired after mowing the front yard.  When my trimmer is charged, I will finish the trimming.

 May be an image of flower and outdoors 

And this is the flowerbed under the mail box. It's not near as big but it is decorative.

More later... 

I discovered something about the TV problem this morning and evening. Any programs I mark to record, are able to be recorded and then can be played back from the Tivo. I have no cable TV picture on my TV unless I pull up the schedule and mark programs to be recorded. Then I can record them and play them back from the Tivo. But if I just turn on the TV there are no cable programs... just an error message.

Strange....

It's 8:45PM now and I will read awhile before going to bed. 


 

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

The pile of little puppies is so cute. Their fur is so shiny. It will be a surprise to see what they look like when they are grown up with the mix of a Blue Heeler and a Golden Retriever. They should be really smart dogs. The Golden Retrievers that become Seeing Eye Dogs are amazingly smart. When I worked for a woman who was blind and had a Golden Retriever, it saved her life by pulling her out of the way of a car that was backing up, as my boss was about to step right behind the car. One of the smartest dogs I have ever seen, except it had a penchant for eating strange things. It loved to eat those spiky green round balls that come off of beech trees, and one time it took my boss's prosthetic eye off of the bedside table and chewed the eyeball up.

Funny how some dogs are more particular about food than Gordon Ramsey, and other dogs think all kinds of things should be eaten or at least chewed on.

Galla Creek said...

Well, yesterday it was so hot here I could hardly breathe. Today, it’s cool. I like the cool better.

Margie's Musings said...

Blue Heeler/Golden Retriever mixes bring $400 apiece.