Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Wednesday and A Family Visit

I slept fitfully last night and got up shortly before 5:00AM . I guess I was anticipating the visit of Keith and Esther today. They will be here until Saturday morning. I am very excited about seeing them again. I last saw them on last Thanksgiving at Scott and Ginger's in Tennessee.

I stripped the bed again this morning and have been washing the sheets. They are in the dryer now. When they are dry, I will remake the bed for them. I will sleep on the trundle again while they are here. I sleep well on the trundle. It has a good mattress. No one but me and small children have ever slept on it. The only time I sleep on it is when I have company so it's not used much.

I am having my breakfast here in the den as I blog. 

I will go over to Coffeyville this morning to get my hair done at 9:00AM and when I get back, this afternoon I will put that roast in the slow cooker on low and let it cook all afternoon. We will have that with potatoes and carrots and coleslaw. I don't have a plan for dessert unless I get a pie.. Leslie wants us to get together for  supper at a restaurant on Thursday...tomorrow evening. That will give her and John a chance to visit with them too. However I could invite them over here for supper tonight. I will check with them later this morning.

When the sheets were dry I remade the bed. So that is ready for them anyhow.

More later..I want to check the weather. 

I got the weather and it's not that great for the visitors from Phoenix

Both cats were out there for their breakfast too so I fed them and when they were finished, I took the cat food back in the garage and covered it again.

Back to the weather...today showers are forecast and 62 degrees, Thursday 63 degrees and showers, Friday 80 degrees and sunny and Saturday 83 degrees and mostly sunny. Sunday 87 degrees and partly cloudy and windy. Monday 86 degrees and sunny and windy and Monday 86 degrees and sunny and windy and Tuesday 86 degrees and sunny.

The kids are coming this afternoon and the forecast is for showers and Thursday too. Friday is to be sunny but that's the best day for their visit. 

They leave Saturday.

It's 6:22AM now. 

It's 7:52AM now and I have been watching the CBS news again. They are talking about that latest school shooting where an 18 years old with an assault weapon killed 19 second, third and 4th graders and two of their teachers. We are the only country in the world where these mass shooting of children happen. Why do we feel we have to have assault weapons available for any one to buy. This 18 year old bought that weapon on his 18th birthday. Don't our citizens who feel they must have a weapon realize that the 2nd amendment was meant for a country that had no police forces or even a standing army and the militia was supposed to have guns only to protect themselves against hostile Indians. 

Why can't we get reasonable legislation passed against arming our citizens? Why do 18 years olds even need assault weapons? The last two mass killings...this one at that school where 19 students were killed and 2 teachers  and the one at the grocery store just last week, were 18 year olds. Why won't congress pass some reasonable gun legislation? I will tell you why. The businesses that make and sell guns are major contributors to the election funds of our senators and representative's. That's why!

Just read the second amendment and you will see what it was intended for...a seventeen hundreds early American militia.

More later...

I am back home now and I have put the roast in the slow cooker with the potatoes cut up. I need to get a vegetable. I looked at my carrots and they did not look edible. I think I will go get green beans. I can cook them in a pan instead of the slow cooker.

More even later...

I got the green beans and the meat and potatoes appear to be done. I have set the slow cooker on warm to keep it all warm.

I have been reading  until the Kindle needed charging again. It is on it's charger now.

It may be another hour before Keith and Esther get here. I think Keith said it would be 3:00-3:30PM before they would get here.

More even later.... 

They stayed in Bartlesville and had dinner so they were later then I thought they would be.  I put away the roast in the frig and we will have it Friday evening or Friday noon.

We watched Forrest Gump on  TV. I had saved it for several years so I could watch it anytime.

It's 9:32PM now and I will take a bath and  put my PJs on and go on to bed after that.

More later...

I will go to bed soon because I took my bath and am very tired.

Keith worked on my laptop computer and has it working now...all except the printer. He attempted to get the desktop computer to share the printer but he didn't get that done after all.Otherwise the laptop is working fine. I really don't need the laptop computer to be able to print because I can send anything from it to the desktop computer and print it from that one.

They are very tired and went on to bed. I will be next. I just have to pull the trundle out from under the daybed and go to bed.

 

No comments: