Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Tuesday and Cleaning

I slept well again last night and I am dressed and ready for the day today. I will clean the apartment. I didn't do that last Thursday while Dean was here so I will get it done today. I am so glad I got the yard mowed Sunday afternoon. It has rained off and on ever since and Sunday afternoon was about the only time it wasn't raining. Before Keith and Esther come tomorrow afternoon I want to get the bed changed again for them. 

I am having my breakfast now here in the den. It is 6:35AM now and I want to go check out the weather and the cats. Scruff came for supper last night but I didn't see Blondie. He was probably fed at his own home.

So more later...

It rained again last night and I don't see any cats out there..at least not yet. 

At last I have the weather channel again and it looks like rain the next three days.. 

It will be 67 degrees and rain and thunderstorms today, 65 degrees and rain tomorrow, 64 degrees and AM showers on Thursday,  and Friday will be 79 degrees and sunny, Saturday will be 84 degrees and sunny, Sunday will be 88 degrees and partly cloudy and windy and Monday will be 86 degrees and sunny.. The next three days it will be rainy. While Keith and Esther are here it will rain except for Friday. Drat!

More later...

I went to the Caney Market and bought bread, shaved ham for sandwiches and a roast and a large potato. I have small carrots to put in with the roast and I have onion soup mix to put on it. We will have ham sandwiches for lunches. We will have beef roast cooked with onion soup mix with potato and carrots for Wednesday's supper. I will put the roast in my slow cooker with the onion soup mix, sliced potato and tiny carrots to cook slowly in the afternoon on Wednesday. I will fix Broccoli/Cheddar soup for lunch on Thursday and leftover roast Thursday evening. Friday we can eat leftover soup or eat out. They will be leaving on Saturday.

I don't know what they usually eat for breakfast but I have frozen waffles I can put in the toaster and also eggs. I usually eat oatmeal myself but I can be flexible. Keith says oatmeal will be fine.

I will work it out.

Now I need to clean this apartment...so more later....

I got the floors all mopped and everything but the dining room rug vacuumed.

I need to rest awhile before I do that one. I have moved the chairs out into the living room and kitchen so after I rest awhile I will finish vacuuming. Then I will dust. 

That should do it. I want to change the bedding tomorrow morning and wash it  and the towels and my underwear and dry them before I go to Coffeyville to get my hair done.

Then I should be finished for the week.

The trash people came and emptied our trash containers and I put them back up by the garages.

It's still raining outside and it's 61 degrees out there now..I am about ready to finish the vacuuming and empty the canister. Then I will dust.

I finished the vacuuming and put the chairs back in the dining room. Now I will rest again.

I am washing the towels and underwear now. I will do the sheets in the morning.

I got the laundry dried folded and put away. I also finished the dusting .I also ate that leftover lasagna I brought home from church for my lunch. Really pretty good! I had some of the bread they sent home with me too. And now I am eating the cupcake.

It's 12:56PM now. 

I began reading my book again and about 2:00PM, I woke up. I had fallen asleep over my book. I woke up when I realized that Esther had texted me and so I finally answered her text.

It's 3:45PM now. I have been reading again. 

More even later...

It's 7:56PM now.About an hour ago, Blondie came for his supper and a huge dog took after him. I think he got away but the dog was with some kids..without a leash and he was determined to catch that cat. I hope Blondie made it up a tree in the west yard. The kids called him but he really wanted to catch that cat.The dog was really after him. I yelled at the dog to get home!  But he wanted to catch that cat. I just hope Blondie got away.

Then Scruff came for her supper and I brought the cat food back out for her. She ate her fill and left and I brought the cat food back in the garage and covered it.

Then I took my bath and put my pajamas on and my robe.I will read for awhile and then go on to bed.


2 comments:

Donna. W said...

I wish we were getting some of your rain. We are getting little sprinkles today, but it doesn't add up to much.

Margie's Musings said...

We got way too much the last three days. Outside of Sunday, it has rained every day.