Friday, May 6, 2022

Friday and Dusting

I slept fitfully last night and was up an hour earlier then usual. I don't know what the problem was but I just couldn't sleep. Maybe I just need to go to bed an hour later....at 10:00PM instead of 9:00PM...or take some melatonin at bedtime or at least when I wake up in the middle of the night.

I was thinking about Nancy for one thing. I stopped by the beauty shop there with her at the assisted living last Tuesday to find out why they were not doing her hair weekly. It turns out that the beautician comes to get her on Tuesday afternoons and, of course, I always have Nancy on Tuesdays and take her to lunch and for a long drive to get her out of that place for awhile. So I am thinking I need to go see her a different day..either Monday or Friday..even Thursday and I could do my housework on Tuesday instead of Thursday. The beautician will not change her schedule to accommodate Nancy. They don't make appointments because many of the residents forget them. She goes to get them when she's ready. As much as they pay for that housing, you'd think they could accommodate someone who has a regular visitor. But she was adamant that she wouldn't.

Anyhow, I never got around to the dusting yesterday so I will do it today.

More later... I am going to go check out the weather.

I missed the local forecast  this time....maybe later. No cats yet either.

O.K. I finally caught "the weather on the 8's". Today is to be  69 degrees and cloudy, Saturday is to be 78 degrees and sunny, Sunday is forecast for 86 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Monday is to be 91 degrees and sunny and windy, Tuesday 91 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday 91 degrees and partly cloudy, and Thursday 91 degrees and partly cloudy.

That's the forecast for whatever it's worth. Now to check on the cats again. 

Only Scruff was there and I fed her and she ate quickly and left. I took the cat food back to the garage and covered it. 

I drove downtown to see which store was burned and I saw it and it was really badly burned. I understand it also damaged the store next door as well.  I think that was the original Viva Carter hardware store that burned. It was the first store on the east of the alley across east of the Blackledge building. Unfortunately, there was also an apartment above that building that the owners lived in. It was also destroyed .. of course. I doubt the building can even be salvaged. It was badly burned..charred ......the entire thing.  Pitiful..hopefully the owner had insurance. 

Then I went to the market and bought milk and then came home. 

I need to go the Dollar General when they open at 8:00AM and get my Omeprazole that I take for the reduction of stomach acid. I was taking Tums or Rolaids and doctor Christensen did not want me using those at all.

More even later...

The box for the Omeprazole says not to use it over 14 days. That's not what doctor Christensen said though. I will stop taking it and see how that works. It may be that I don't need it since I have taken it over  a year now.....ever since he told me to take it. It says "do not use more than  14 days unless directed by your doctor". I'll try to stop taking it and see if I even still need an antacid.

More later...

I met Kelly for lunch today. We visited for two hours. He wanted to meet for breakfast but I had already had breakfast when he contacted me so we settled on lunch. 

I worked some on the sermon for May 29th...it's a ways off but the older I get the longer it takes me to prepare.

I have been reading a new book.It is called "This Will Not Pass... Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America's Future"  and it's by Jonathan Martin and Alexander Burns, two political analysts for CNN.

It's very interesting and thought provoking. I am almost halfway through it.

I have been reading the new book but it's 7:00PM now and I will take my bath. Then I might get back to the book until bedtime.

More later...

I've had my bath now. I will read until I get really tired and then go on to bed.

I may take some melatonin tonight to sleep better.


1 comment:

DrumMajor said...

If your doc says to take the medicine on a continued basis, it's okay. The over-the-counter version of the same thing is usually cheaper than going through your drug insurance. Make sure the strength you are supposed to take is what's in the over-the-counter bottle. I take two tablets of one med to equal what the doc wants me to take. Linda in Kansas